High tea on the Dream

Hey there, it's been a couple of years since we've cruised with Carnival but always enjoyed afternoon high tea. Just seeing if it's still offered and specifically on the Dream. We did Cuba on NCL last summer and missed it because we were always in a port.

Yes but please know it is not high tea and even the tea has been reduced to Lipton bags and you no long get the individual pots of hot water, just water poured into a cup on most of the ships now. Carnival now charges for a premium brand of tea.

Yes but please know it is not high tea and even the tea has been reduced to Lipton bags and you no long get the individual pots of hot water, just water poured into a cup on most of the ships now. Carnival now charges for a premium brand of tea.

We had individual pots of water on Dream this week. I had non Lipton brand mint tea.

We had individual pots of water on Dream this week. I had non Lipton brand mint tea.

I'm sure you did which is why I said some ships. As the pots go " missing " Carnival decided not to replace them and who could blame them.

Was your mint tea from the wood presentation box the server walks around with?

There's no charge for the basic Lipton and green tea (same ones that they have out the Lido deck), but they initially offer the paid options hoping you'll buy that instead of asking for the free stuff.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

my mom went to it. i lol'ed when she told me the options. what a joke :'):')

Point of clarification:

High Tea is basically tea with dinner. It is a heavy meal usuallly served with a savory meat entree, and associated with lower, working classes since it would have been what they ate after leaving the factory.

Afternoon Tea is tea served with dainty sandwiches, scones, small pastries etc. usually after lunch and before dinner. It is not a meal. This is what cruises serve. It has been an upper or middle class event since its inception.

People use the phrase High Tea because they think high = elevated or better. It's simply referencing the time of day (high = later in the evening).

I go to afternoon tea often, such as hotels or small tea shoppes...only once have I have see a true High Tea advertised in the US.

Yes it's afternoon tea. Just bring your own tea bags.

Alas no pots on the Horizon. Tea bag slopping in the saucer is not the same and diminishes the experience.

They did have lovely white china pots in MDR for breakfast.

Point of clarification:

High Tea is basically tea with dinner. It is a heavy meal usuallly served with a savory meat entree, and associated with lower, working classes since it would have been what they ate after leaving the factory.

Afternoon Tea is tea served with dainty sandwiches, scones, small pastries etc. usually after lunch and before dinner. It is not a meal. This is what cruises serve. It has been an upper or middle class event since its inception.

People use the phrase High Tea because they think high = elevated or better. It's simply referencing the time of day (high = later in the evening).

I go to afternoon tea often, such as hotels or small tea shoppes...only once have I have see a true High Tea advertised in the US.

You are right. It’s officially Windsor court afternoon tea. My friends and I always called it high tea because we dress up, etc.

High tea =/= afternoon tea. Yes, there is a big difference.

Carnival offers afternoon tea only.

I know. No explanations needed but that's what they called for a long time. I actually hesitated posting this knowing someone would comment this

Right about high tea vs. afternoon tea. I do high tea at Windsor Court in New Orleans.

I can’t remember which box it came from only that it wasn’t the Lipton box.

Didn't know about tea at Windsor court. Spending an extra day in New Orleans after the cruise and just booked this the morning when getting off the ship

I also had felt I had to use "high tea" instead of afternoon tea because some one would

Most certainly say they have tea available on the Lido deck all day for free.

I guess I've been on these boards too long 😉

That's what cruises and afternoon tea are for: to soothe our anxieties from posting here. :D