Need opinions on cabins on the Dream

Truth6772

Is it just 2 if you? The interiors cabins are so small. We have always done balconies or ocean views. We went on the Breeze at Christmas and decided to go cheapest and got an interior. That will be the last time I get an interior. They do not have the couch and I just felt cramped. I did buy the spa passes for me and my daughter online before the cruise. They were offering a spa discount and it was 20% off. It was cheaper than getting the spa interior room. Look at prices for at least an ocean view and add spa passes compared to the spa interior. I did enjoy the spa but I would not stay in an interior again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd take the spa cabin, personally. It's what I have booked next week. I find balconies to be over-rated (we don't spend any time in the room), and I would not want to be so low. For me, the higher the cabin, the better!

What room do you have? Please check the ship layout to see what is above your room. We had a spa interior on the Dream and unknowingly we were directly underneath the gym weight machines. It was horrible!!! Weights pounding all night! After the gym closes to guests, it opens for employees and they would work out all hours of the night. We got zero sleep. We were very fortunate to be able to move to another room due to a family who didn’t show but we realize we lucked out on that one because the rest of the ship was full!

I think our room number was 11224 if I remember correctly. I learned my lesson since then and now I research the complete layout when choosing my room. I look at what’s above and below.

I booked a interior spa cabin on the Dream but now I'm thinking about changing to a cove balcony. Is the price upgrade for the cove balcony better or the perks of the spa?

I love the Spa decks. Much more peaceful and relaxing than the lower levels. But I really like the Cloud 9 Spa with the T-Pool. Anymore, no Cloud 9 Spa w/T-Pool, no cruise. Our August cruise on the Breeze might be our last as the Breeze will be replaced by the Vista with its sorry butt excuse for a hot tub in the Cloud 9 Spa.

I had a suite on deck 8 or 9 and looking down on deck 5 really Aggravated me.

Second time I booked a cove balcony and was MUCH happier.

From Deck 11 you really have to make an effort to see deck 5....as in standing at the railing and bending over. If you are sitting on the chair, no way now how could you see deck 5.

It really depends on what you value most. Do you spend lots of time on balconies when you have one or do you rarely use it like so some? Would you spend lots of time at the spa or would you be too busy to enjoy it? For me it would be tough. I loooove the Cloud 9 spa on the Dream class ships. It’s amazing. But I just can’t deal without a balcony, those dark inside cabins are so depressing to me. I think I would have to get a cove balcony, as long as I could find one that wasn’t under a noisy area. That would be a deal breaker for me as I’m a light sleeper.