Wonderful cruise on Spirit but delayed flight home

Great cruise on Spirit but flight back to Manchester on June 3rd was 3hr45 mins late landing .This was due to its previous flight from Dalaman being delayed.According to EU law we should be due €400 compensation each.Anyone had any experience or success of claiming flight delay from TUI?

Just to reiterate Spirit is in good order .Excellent crew,fab entertainment,lovely food,large cabins and on Continental coasts the best ports of call yet.Valencia without doubt our favourite.Such a shame this old girl is retiring from the fleet.

Yes done that, you have to go through tui first then if refused its CEDR, look them up for details, don't use one of the no win no fee solicitor's. Not at home at the moment but if you require any info just ask and I will help tomorrow. The timing is from when doors are opened on the plane after landing not touchdown.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that .Have now e mailed TUI on their delayed flights form and will see what happens.If I have any problems will take you up on your kind offer of further info.

Don't expect to hear anything for the full 8 weeks they say it may take to get back to you.

One important thing is did you recieve back the automated email confirmation of the submission of your claim ???????

No e mail confirmation just a note on screen after submitting stating TUI will look into it.Have sent another one asking for a confirmation e mail.

Very important that you get that confirmation of your claim submission , the reason being if (as they probably will)they totally ignore you, you have got to wait 8 weeks to submit it to CEDR , without that confirmation you have no case reference no to give them and the only way then is to resubmit your claim to TUI ,which is basically a new claim and again you are back to the 8 weeks cycle.

Seem to think on the TUI online claim form there is a box to tick that says would you like them to contact you , crafty gits ,dont tick it and you are telling them that although you are making a claim you dont want them to contact you which could even mean they wont contact you to confirm your claim has been recieved.

Just dont expect things to happen quickly but happen they will ,just keep us informed on here when you get any responses. been there ,done it,got the money

Edited by okavango

Did you receive a letter from TUI at the airport confirming the length of your delay? We did when delayed overnight from Corfu and a copy of this was sent with the claim form and we received compensation within 3 weeks

The plane had a serious mechanical failure and after being at the airport all day we were taken to a hotel and then picked up at 5 in the morning for the flight Of course the letter said 19hrs55mins when we were sure it was over 20hours We also claimed on our annual travel insurance Good luck

Has anyone any idea how soon before TUI will acknowledge receipt of my e mail claim?

This is normally pretty quick to sent an automated email to confirm you have made contact.

Check your SPAM folders, just in case it has been sent there.

Has anyone any idea how soon before TUI will acknowledge receipt of my e mail claim?

Should be pretty much instant ,i would start again if i were you ,i would say their system has not completed its task ,phoning them probably waste of time, like i said before you need to get some sort of ref no as you have no other means of knowing your claim has been logged with them, their end is all about delaying tactics hoping people get fed up and forget about their claim.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to say 10 days in and still no e mail confirmation.Phoned in and hey presto they have received it and now I have a reference number.Also told could be up to 56 days replying.Well that’s a start then !,[emoji106][emoji41]
Just another step on the ladder, you are doing OK it took me many months for a resolution they just hope you will give up, as many do, just remember you are within your rights [emoji106]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Just to say 10 days in and still no e mail confirmation.Phoned in and hey presto they have received it and now I have a reference number.Also told could be up to 56 days replying.Well that’s a start then !,👍😎

Did you get it in writing ,??? you would need to submit a copy of it rather than just a ref no if you had to go the cedr route ,dont expect to hear from them before the 56 days ,its a slow job