Transfer from Barcelona Cruise Port to International Airport

kafei van

Our cruise with Eclipse will end on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:00 am per the itinerary.

We are planning to walk off the ship early with our luggage and get a taxi to El Prat Airport.

• Do you think our flight to Dubai at 12:00 pm is doable?
  • What are the chances that the ship will arrive late?
  • How is the custom clearing process in Barcelona, approx. time it takes?

Thank you for any input.

You should have no problem. From my recollection the airport is about 30 min away. I’m on the same cruise and my flight was changed but originally it was also departing at noon (and I would’ve walked off after 8am)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your cruise, does it start and end in Barcelona? Regardless, I don’t imagine you’ll have any issues with clearing immigration and customs. I walked off at 8:30 AM with three other guests using a car service and arrived at the airport in time for an 11:45 AM flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did this in March and it could not have been easier. Don't bother arranging a ride in advance. The taxis are a stone's throw from the customs exit. Less, actually. The cost is about 50 euros, 25 for the ride and another 25 in taxes. Plus, I believe traffic is heavy in the opposite direction from your route.

We just did this in March and it could not have been easier. Don't bother arranging a ride in advance. The taxis are a stone's throw from the customs exit. Less, actually. The cost is about 50 euros, 25 for the ride and another 25 in taxes. Plus, I believe traffic is heavy in the opposite direction from your route.

It's a standard rate of 39 euros to the airport - you shouldn't have been charged 50 :confused:

We did this last month after disembarking Symphony. We had a 10.30 Flight! We self disembarked at 6.45, no queue for taxis with a huge queue of taxis waiting. Took 20 mins at the fixed price of €39. Taxis both ways punched the fare into the meter immediately at €39. Many prearranged services charged more with a couple around the same but this was very convenient even with a ship the size of Symphony. The fair includes all taxes and baggage fees and they are obliged to give you a receipt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a group of 4, 6, or more, I would recommend Zip Transfers. I've used them twice to get a group from the port to the airport on one cruise, and a group from our hotel to the port. Always on time, and very reasonable rates.

It's a standard rate of 39 euros to the airport - you shouldn't have been charged 50 :confused:

Yes, but I've been taken for worse. Actually, I did check before the trip and people were saying fifty, so I was not surprised. Obviously, this is a standard ploy some cabbies must use. Oh, well. in the general scheme of things, this is noise level.

Edited by BosoxI

One additional point, you can go onto the airports website and book fastrack passes through security. If I remember correctly it was 5€. We skipped a queue of about 50 people.

The Barcelona Airport can be very busy, so do Express Walk-Off with your luggage, and get a taxi straight to the airport. The disembarkation process was super easy and quick. The taxi line can be quite long, but they move people through quickly as there are hordes of taxis queuing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cruise with Eclipse will end on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:00 am per the itinerary.

We are planning to walk off the ship early with our luggage and get a taxi to El Prat Airport.

• Do you think our flight to Dubai at 12:00 pm is doable?
  • What are the chances that the ship will arrive late?
  • How is the custom clearing process in Barcelona, approx. time it takes?

Thank you for any input.

If you do a walk off quite do-able, our last time we had an 11.45am flight and spent about three hours in the BA lounge. When we disembarked there there were plenty of taxis and an advertised fixed price of 35 Euro to the airport. Customs was non existence for us (we are UK) so can't say it it's as straightforward for non Europeans.

One additional point, you can go onto the airports website and book fastrack passes through security. If I remember correctly it was 5€. We skipped a queue of about 50 people.

Is this similar to the services that pre-screen people for customs in the US? Those cost a great deal more.

Is it airport specific?