WiFi in the Dream ?

Mommawo

Buying WiFi package worth it in the Dream? Does it work well or just not worth the money?

I had Value plan on the Dream in December 2016 and it was quite slow. Dream went through a dry dock between that sailing and the next time I was on the Dream. I had the Premium plan on the Dream in April 2018 and was very impressed by the speed. It's not land internet of course but for being at sea I thought it was great. We were able to do FB Messenger voice calls to back home with little to no issues. I bought the premium plan again for my upcoming Magic cruise and it is like $100 for the week if you buy it in advance. (think it is a 15% discount or something)

I was on the Dream December 2016 and May 2018 and both times I just had the social media package. It was a little slow but no worse than the other ships I've been on.

Bought this for our cruise in two weeks like . Were you able to load pictures on facebook? Curious about snap chat photos since my business has all social media sites ands thought a few pictures would Be fun

It worked good for us. Bought it twice. Once had the mid package (last April) and the other had the premium (sept 2017). Worked great in the room with no issues.

The only time it was crap is if we were in a lounge with several hundred people. It was virtually useless then.

We just got off the Dream last Sunday and I had the value package. It wasn’t very fast, definitely not good for uploading any kind of pics on FB although Snapchat did load a lot faster. It worked for what I needed it for which was basically fb messenger and Snapchat.

O n Dream in Nov 2018, and we had the internet plan. There were good, fast areas on the ship, and then no service areas on the ship. Once I learned the best spots, uploading pictures to FB was quick and easy. Also, the time of day made a difference. I am an early (4:30 am) riser and being the only one using the wifi really helps. Friday night at 8 pm it was slow to nothing all over the ship (sort of like internet everywhere on earth) .

O n Dream in Nov 2018, and we had the internet plan. There were good, fast areas on the ship, and then no service areas on the ship. Once I learned the best spots, uploading pictures to FB was quick and easy. Also, the time of day made a difference. I am an early (4:30 am) riser and being the only one using the wifi really helps. Friday night at 8 pm it was slow to nothing all over the ship (sort of like internet everywhere on earth) .

We are early risers also. What time does breakfast get started ? My hubby said this morning when he could have slept in a bit and we were both awak at normal time wonder what one does on a ship when they are up this early ?

We are early risers also. What time does breakfast get started ? My hubby said this morning when he could have slept in a bit and we were both awak at normal time wonder what one does on a ship when they are up this early ?

I like to sit as far back on the stern as I can get, drink coffee, and watch the sun come up. There are the same folks in the same places, doing the same things on those early mornings. Plus the last partiers eating pizza.

I like to sit as far back on the stern as I can get, drink coffee, and watch the sun come up. There are the same folks in the same places, doing the same things on those early mornings. Plus the last partiers eating pizza.

Good to know!! Sounds like a great start to the morning to me. Of course we live the life of older people lol :'):') our kids are always making fun of us. However when you have to get up early one tends to go to bed early. It’s just a routine for us so sleeping in is hard to do for us old folks in our 40’s :eek:

Thanks for the answers, yes I'm also usually an up early person.

I was on the Triumph last year and found that it did well, all except for the last raining day at sea, but I also know upgrades to this can happen.

Enjoy all!