Thomson flight question

Hi,we're off to Corfu in August for our 1st Marella cruise.We didn't pay for seats,so if we leave it to the airline to allocate will they deliberately separate us like Ryanair does now to force us to pay to sit together.Ryanair didn't do this previously,so was wondering if Thomson have took this mercenary route,cheers,Brian.

Hi,we're off to Corfu in August for our 1st Marella cruise.We didn't pay for seats,so if we leave it to the airline to allocate will they deliberately separate us like Ryanair does now to force us to pay to sit together.Ryanair didn't do this previously,so was wondering if Thomson have took this mercenary route,cheers,Brian.

Been on loads of tui flights and we have always sat together,I even ask them for a window seat which they give me all the time ,get there early and be polite,works for me ,

As you haven’t paid to choose your seats, you will be able to check in on line 7 days before the flight. You will then be able to choose your seats. Hopefully, there will be seats next to or close to each other.

We use Thomson flights a lot, mainly out of Exeter, for cruise and land holidays and never pay for seats, and have never been separated.

We have never been separated on the outward journey but it has happened a couple of times coming back from Europe. I think our transfer coach must have been one of the last to arrive at the airport. Obviously they try not to separate families with young children but as a couple there is no guarantee to sit together unless you prebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go on line early morning of the 7th day before you fly i.e. Just after midnight to check in you will be one of the first to select your seats after those who have paid to select a seat who can choose theirs 90 days before the return flight We always select an aisle seat each across from each other so we can get up and down whenever we like without disturbing anyone else

My experience is that they don't deliberately separate people but will allocate you seats from what is available when you check in.

So I aim to do it soon after check in opens 7 days before the flight, normally in the early morning.

I believe that at that point they allocate you seats but if you want to change the allocation you have to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

I never pay, and check-in online soon after its available. Only thing I've noticed is they seem to fill the remaining seats from the back (in my experience), perhaps hoping that even within the 7 days, some will pay to select seats if wanting to be away from the rear toilets

If you go on line early morning of the 7th day before you fly i.e. Just after midnight to check in you will be one of the first to select your seats after those who have paid to select a seat who can choose theirs 90 days before the return flight We always select an aisle seat each across from each other so we can get up and down whenever we like without disturbing anyone else
I thought TUI did the online allocation of seats to passengers who had not prepaid to reserve seats of their choice in the 90 day window ?

That was oue experience on a package holiday last month out of GLA to Mallorca

I went to the online check in at the 7 day marker and the adjacent outward and inward seats were reserved in our name, no further action required.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought TUI did the online allocation of seats to passengers who had not prepaid to reserve seats of their choice in the 90 day window ?

That was oue experience on a package holiday last month out of GLA to Mallorca

I went to the online check in at the 7 day marker and the adjacent outward and inward seats were reserved in our name, no further action required.

we are flying tomorrow and same happened to us. I forgot to check in last Saturday early , did it about 4.30 pm and we have been allocated extra leg room seats :)