Chart for Voyager Club/Status Match

Fogfog

I did use the search for the club threads...I am looking for some infor or a chart to help me understand the status match --we'd be going from Celebrity to MSC'

If someone has that--can you post --or please post the thread of link.

TYIA

There is no chart. What is your status with Celebrity...we will tell you what it matches to on MSC.

How do people know if there isn't a chart?

We are select--just shy of elite. Will be elite after our TA

So if Elite peeps are saying they come in as Black, does that mean Select come in as Gold?

Also-- once you match in-- would the pts from say a Yacht room on a long voyage of 2,000+ push us up into Black?

You cannot assume that MSC does things the same way as Celebrity.

Anyway, let me tell you what we did.

We were Select on Celebrity in 2016. I didn't know if I'd like the line and all I was really interested in was the 5% discount. So I status matched my husband only. He came back as Gold.

After our next cruise on Celebrity we were Elite.

I found out I LOVED MSC, so I status matched me. I came back as Black for this upcoming cruise (dh is still Gold). I don't think we're missing much for just one of us being Black (since we're in the Yacht Club).

You cannot assume that MSC does things the same way as Celebrity.

Anyway, let me tell you what we did.

We were Select on Celebrity in 2016. I didn't know if I'd like the line and all I was really interested in was the 5% discount. So I status matched my husband only. He came back as Gold.

After our next cruise on Celebrity we were Elite.

I found out I LOVED MSC, so I status matched me. I came back as Black for this upcoming cruise (dh is still Gold). I don't think we're missing much for just one of us being Black (since we're in the Yacht Club).

Thanks so much

Will they just pile on the pts from your Yacht Club experience then? on top...into your Black status?

Clever program as they can potentially steal away loyalty from another line

Can you give me an idea how X and MSC compare?

TYIA

Thanks so much

Will they just pile on the pts from your Yacht Club experience then? on top...into your Black status?

Clever program as they can potentially steal away loyalty from another line

Can you give me an idea how X and MSC compare?

TYIA

As far as I understand it, they simply match status - not points.

So, you'll be matched at whatever current level, but your point begin at zero - you'd have to earn enough to bump up to the next level..

Just like the status match between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean - you're matched at corresponding status, but your points are zero.

I may be wrong, so happy to be corrected but pretty sure how that goes. So, unless you're planning to book with MSC soon, you may want to wait to match till you're at your higher level. Or just match one of you now and the other after your bumped up on Celebrity (if there's two of you). Or, natch via another loyalty program if you're higher up in that program - they match hotel loyalty also (from what I understand).

As far as I understand it, they simply match status - not points.

So, you'll be matched at whatever current level, but your point begin at zero - you'd have to earn enough to bump up to the next level..

Just like the status match between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean - you're matched at corresponding status, but your points are zero.

I may be wrong, so happy to be corrected but pretty sure how that goes. So, unless you're planning to book with MSC soon, you may want to wait to match till you're at your higher level. Or just match one of you now and the other after your bumped up on Celebrity (if there's two of you). Or, natch via another loyalty program if you're higher up in that program - they match hotel loyalty also (from what I understand).

Your points do not begin at zero they begin at the minimum points for the status you are matched to. We got matched to Black at the minimum of 10k and now after 3 cruises I am at 13200.

A friend who was matched to silver after his second cruise he has now reached gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you stack multiple loyalty cards to get higher grouping and how do they check the levels attained?

Only one and you send in proof of your highest status. And don’t forget hotel loyalty also can be submitted.

Your points do not begin at zero they begin at the minimum points for the status you are matched to. We got matched to Black at the minimum of 10k and now after 3 cruises I am at 13200.

A friend who was matched to silver after his second cruise he has now reached gold.

As I said, happy to be corrected.

Interesting, as when I looked at my status match, it was Black but no points listed. Where do you find your points total?

And, obviously - at least right now - it doesn't matter in black as there's not higher level to attain (as yet anyways).

Interesting, as when I looked at my status match, it was Black but no points listed. Where do you find your points total?

And, obviously - at least right now - it doesn't matter in black as there's not higher level to attain (as yet anyways).

It’s shown when you log into the Voyagers Club section or when you go on the MSC for me app.

As I said, happy to be corrected.

Did you complete your MSC cruise after the match?

My points didn't show until after I returned home.

Did you complete your MSC cruise after the match?

My points didn't show until after I returned home.

I can’t remember now if was before or after. If you alr day have something booked as I said previously check the app.