First night specialty dining discount in cruise planner

Carried_Away

While looking at my cruise planner for my November cruise, I noticed that I could book speciality dining at a discount for the first night. Apologies if this has been posted before. I have read here many times that discounts are usually offered for the specialty restaurants on the first night, but I thought that was for reservations made on board on embarkation day. I didn’t realize discounts were available in advance outside of a sale or a dining package, so I thought I would share.

The prices were $30 for Tuscan Grille and Lawn Club Grill on the first night ($45 any other night) and $35 for Murano on the first night ($50 for any other night). There was no mention of Qsine or Le Petit Chef in my cruise planner.

We are on the Eclipse and when we got on the ship they were offering 50% off the 1st night. We had a great dinner in Murano.

Good deal! Congratulations. :)

Once on board, a 50% discount was offered for all of the specialty dining restaurants on the ship, subject to availability of course, for the first night. 25% off discounts were available almost daily to all venues except Murano. Heavier discounting was available when Lobster was being served in the MDR too.

We've pre booked Murano for the first night on next month's cruise. Ships leaving and returning to Italy (we're on Reflection doing the Greek islands itinerary) have to charge passengers Italian VAT which is 22%. Pre booking and paying up front means we don't get a nasty surprise leaving it until we board.

If I book 4 nt. special.dine. pkg will I have 1nt. in Murano, Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grill and Sushi on 5 on the Solstice , or can you pick the restaurants you want ?

You can choose to go once to each of those, or you can choose to go 4 times to one of them. Any number of combinations. You might hear that Celebrity chooses the first restaurant for you and you choose the rest, but experience has shown me that once you are on board, go to any of the specialty restaurants and someone will schedule whatever you want, pending availability.

So is anyone else finding it hard to get in at a decent time on the first night if you hold out for 50% off offered onboard?

30% is pretty good for Murano, but being forced to dine at 530 or 930 kind of stinks even if you get a better discount...

Also, what time are the shows on the first night??

Thanks!

So is anyone else finding it hard to get in at a decent time on the first night if you hold out for 50% off offered onboard?

30% is pretty good for Murano, but being forced to dine at 530 or 930 kind of stinks even if you get a better discount...

Also, what time are the shows on the first night??

Thanks!

I believe the shows are 7pm and 9 pm apart from the first night but i don’t know the times there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums