visa requirements for mangalore india

cato59

I, an american and my french wife will be arriving march 3 2018 on Costa Victoria from singapore for 1 day.

I have had different answers from Costa who says an evisa for India is not permlitted to get on board in Singapore and the NY consulate who says an evisa is permitted. Have any of you any experience with this ?

Also I would consider that I stay on board the ship and not visit India for the day and save the 350€ visa fees.

Some Costa agents say it's ok and others say absolutely need a normal visa to get on the ship (not an evisa).

Any advice ?

First check what there is to see in Mangalore, Costa shore excursions, Tripadvisor etc. Then decide if you want to go ashore.

If you do decide to stay onboard, check to see if a visa is required just for entering Indian territorial waters, also maybe Costa will insist on a Indian visa jut to board in Singapore.

Becareful about asking visa questions on a forum as visa requirements vary for different nationalities and the can change overnight. Best check Indian government web sites in USA and France to see the latest rquirements.

This thread may help:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510188

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/e-visas-from-november-for-tourists-on-cruise-ships-4774814/

https://www.onlinevisatravel.com/cruise-goers-india-can-apply-e-visas/

Have a great cruise.

PS. Welcome to CC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. we are on the same cruise.... we are from South Africa. we also had the email from costa which stated that if we do not have a regular visa we could not take this cruise. So I think that you have to have the visa to even be in Indian territorial waters.

I am surprised that your visas are so expensive.... for us it is only R167 per person, which is $12.69. Its nothing compared to the Shengen we also have to have, which is R1200 ($88) per person!

we are playing it safe and getting the full visa.... thankfully there are 4 indian consulates in SA, with us having the largest Indian population outside of India. We have to travel 45 mins to the closest, as they want biometrics.....

see you on Victoria :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...