RCCL Vision of the Seas vs Grand Princess

Canberra, Australia
59 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Hello,

I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on the above two cruises. I've gone through many and these two are the ones that best fit within our budget and preferred dates (Dec this year).

#1 - RCCL Vision of the Seas for 11 nights (St John's - Castries - Bridgetown - Kingstown - Kralendijk - Oranjestad)

#2 - Grand Princess for 14 nights (Aruba - Curacoa - Princess Cays - San Juan - St Maarten - St Thomas)

On a per night basis, they are both pretty much the same price. We will be staying in an interior cabin.

Also, is the price we see now likely to be the best we can get?

Thanks in advance
Oklahoma City
11,116 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
I would take Vision for the itinerary! And I have been on each of these ships, but several years ago.
2,272 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Based on itinerary, I like Vision. I like San Juan as a departure port, but not as a visit port and I like Princess Cays but I'd prefer a Caribbean island to a Bahama private island.
I've been on both lines, but not these particular ships.
Kansas City Area
5,640 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
I'm taking the Vision cruise in February actually. Prices are not going to get any cheaper on these cruises quite frankly. Balconies have been sold out on the Vision for at least 3 months now for the Feb 4th sailing.

If I knew nothing about either ship, the Vision itinerary would be the winner. I'm a bit burned out on St Thomas and San Juan so Vision's route wins easily.

Hope the .02 helps! If you join the Feb 4 sailing on Vision, please join the roll call linked in my sig!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
When the "Reset Life" button gets pushed, better run with it, whether you chose it or not.

Video Clips from various cruises etc..

My Flickr Sets Snoop and enjoy.

Want to catch me off the board? Email
(But tell me on the board if you do, I don't check that one much)

RCI "Voyager of the Seas"-Eastern Caribbean 1/6/07
RCI "Enchantment of the Seas"-Western Caribbean 10/22/07
RCI "Serenade of the Seas"-Southern Caribbean 1/10/09
RCI "Mariner of the Seas"- Mexican Riviera 1/9/2011
RCI "Mariner of the Seas"- Western Caribbean 1/29/2012
RCI "Vision of the Seas"- Southern Caribbean 2/4/2013 Photo Review
RCI "Serenade of the Seas"- Western Caribbean 2/1/2014 Photo Review
RCI "Vision of the Seas"-Bermuda and Bahamas 6/9/2014 Photo Review
Celebrity "Celebrity Equinox"-Ultimate Caribbean 11/9/2015 Photo Review
RCI "Vision of the Seas"-Southern Caribbean January 11, 2016

Somebody put me back on the ship!
Oklahoma City
11,116 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
I enjoyed each of these ships at the time. But I no longer sail Princess for several reasons, and I would only book a Vision class ship for the itinerary now. And wouldn't even do that unless the ship had been refurbished. I like the Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class ships.
Nebraska
2,506 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
For me, tough one. Probably Princess.
I prefer the itinerary of RCL
But we prefer Princess a bit over RCL & the Grand is a lovely ship.
But THREE MORE DAYS??!! I am always about the extra days!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy cruising!
Kris
10/04 Star Princess W. Caribbean OV, 12/24/05 Disney Magic E. Caribbean FBalcony (family), 3/07 Star Princess W. Caribbean INT, 10/08 Crown Princess E. Caribbean INT, 11/08 Crown Princess E. Caribbean OV, 10/10 Mariner of the Seas MX Riviera OV (family), 12/11 Allure of the Seas E. Caribbean BAL, 12/12 Caribbean Princess S. Caribbeann INT (family), 03/14 Celebrity Constellation W. Carribean AQ, 03/15 Celebrity Constellation W. Carribean Sweet 16 balcony (family), 03/16 Celebrity Silhouette W. Carribean Concierge