amazing hotels in barcelona ?

Ldanna

While I really enjoyed the Hotel 1898 experience, I prefer to stay up in the Eixample district for a more traditional Barcelona experience. I really never need much access to the Ramblas on my frequent stays in Barcelona.

I have not stayed at the Majestic since their much needed renovation, I did not like it as much as the many other alternatives offered in Barcelona.

The Mandarin Oriental is my favorite international chain location in the city. It is usually priced in such a way that it offers poor value in relation to other choices though. It is a good special occasion hotel though.

My preferred hotel is actually the Casa Fuster. It offers a real Spanish (Catalan) experience and is a traditional Spanish Grand Luxury. It offers exceptional value for a 5 star hotel and I really like the breakfast room which is a must as an add on. I enjoy the world class accommodations along with the full set of every imaginable amenity provided in the room.

... possibly, but, as in any other Western market economy, the most expensive item on any balance sheet is the "human touch". And although there are of course different prices for different qualities, if you want someone to be "your private guide" you need to know it's not going to cost you peanuts.

Just a couple of examples: http://www.barcelona365.es/?page_id=5 or https://www.barcelonina.com/en/tours/the-gothic-area-in-barcelona/ out of the dozens you'll find around... in this quality range prices vary from 250 to 300€ ($350) for a four-hour tour.

Not saying private guides might not be worthwhile, just saying they do cost, especially if you want a good one.

Alternatively, you can join a regular tour, prices are cheaper -even free- and quality can also be quite good. For example, RunnerBean is a family-run company that has very good reputation and they offer both private guides, regular tours and also free walks. Check them out: www.runnerbeantours.com But again, there are others, just Google for it.

Edited by EnricM

Hasn't the Majestic recently been renovated? Heard it was in. Red and thought I read somewhere it had been done?! Also Cotton House part of autograph. Olkection/ Marriott right? Can't go wrong if it's convenient???

This will be our first Med. cruise April 29 i have been checking a lot of hotels pre stay and reading reviews so we finally decided and booked Hotel Europark the location is where we wanted to be the reviews were very good and price i could not beat you just got to make that decision. We also have booked a group tour for every port. And also booked our Airline now for the long wait

Telebax51!! Ill check that out! You are SO right I just have to do it!! Did you do all your excursions thru the cruiseline?? I don't mind small group but I hate being herded! LOL We are going oct 16, 17 Ill keep u updated:)

Fortunately we have a lot of repeat cruisers who have been to most of the ports and coordinated group tours and are doing the same for our cruise the prices are much cheaper than Carnival and will be doing and seeing more. it will be 8 per SUV.

I am traveling out of Barcelona next July and looking for recommendations for a couple of nights pre-cruise. This will possibly be a solo trip, so I need something that isn't too expensive but is also someplace I'll feel safe. Would really appreciate suggestions with those parameters from seasoned Barcelona visitors!

I'm going to check out the suggestion about runnerbean tours from EnricM.

Does anyone else have any reasonable priced or free tour ideas? Thanks again!!

Susan

I'm following Susan! LOL One thing I've been told or warned about over is lots of stealing, pic pocketing scams etc....one person got their piece of luggage stolen at a 5* hotel! So be wary.

I am traveling out of Barcelona next July and looking for recommendations for a couple of nights pre-cruise. This will possibly be a solo trip, so I need something that isn't too expensive but is also someplace I'll feel safe. Would really appreciate suggestions with those parameters from seasoned Barcelona visitors!

Susan

I am not a seasoned Barcelona cruiser but i have researched the hotel i chose, the location and price was what a wanted plus we got 5% discount for breakfast Hotel Europark, we will be in Barcelona 4 days pre and looking at Barcelona Day Tours, and try out the Tapas Bars and Museums.

I'm following Susan! LOL One thing I've been told or warned about over is lots of stealing, pic pocketing scams etc....one person got their piece of luggage stolen at a 5* hotel! So be wary.

I am aware of the pickpockets in Barcelona and have purchased a Lewis and Clark rifd shoulder pouch you wear under your clothes it holds Passport, CC, and money, did not hear about Hotel stolen luggage so will be careful THANKS

Thanks Ldanna! I've traveled a lot - so I definitely am aware to be careful about pickpockets!! :D

I am not a seasoned Barcelona cruiser but i have researched the hotel i chose, the location and price was what a wanted plus we got 5% discount for breakfast Hotel Europark, we will be in Barcelona 4 days pre and looking at Barcelona Day Tours, and try out the Tapas Bars and Museums.

I found Hotel Europark on Trip Advisor and it sounded pretty good, so that one is definitely on my short list. I can't book yet for another month or two because dates aren't available that far out. Thanks for your input that your choice was made after lots of research - that is reassuring and saves me some time! :)

Susan

Hi Susan, I am sailing solo next month:D.......I am booked at The Hotel Pulitzer. They get very good reviews on

Trip Advisor and I read some good threads on here as well (the search feature is a good source). I did book

a tour with a company called "Barcelona Day Tours" and they get excellent reviews too. (not free though).

Will be happy to let you about my experience when I get back.

Edited by Lois R

Hi Susan, I am sailing solo next month:D.......I am booked at The Hotel Pulitzer. They get very good reviews on

Trip Advisor and I read some good threads on here as well (the search feature is a good source). I did book

a tour with a company called "Barcelona Day Tours" and they get excellent reviews too. (not free though).

Will be happy to let you about my experience when I get back.

Hi Lois!

I will look forward to hearing about your experiences when you return! I will check out the hotel and tours you suggest too. Thanks!!