Ncl getaway november 25, 2018 g&l roll call

samshltn

Hi everyone clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

We're a group of four friendly chaps coming over to the US in November. We've got a couple of nights in Miami before the cruise, and then we're off around the Western Caribbean with you all on the Getaway.

Looking forward to getting to know you all clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Sam, Dom, Steve, and Matt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

We are flying over from London for this cruise. We get in the day before the cruise so will be tame while in Miami. This is our 2nd time on the Getaway, first time was when she was 5 weeks old and still had that new carpet smell lol.

There will be a small group of us, currently 9 in total, all guys, as we are celebrating 2 birthdays in the group. So we hope there are no early nights planned! got to love the UBP!

Hope to meet you all at the meet first night.

Jay & Luke

• Like 1

Hello all,

We are flying over from London for this cruise. We get in the day before the cruise so will be tame while in Miami. This is our 2nd time on the Getaway, first time was when she was 5 weeks old and still had that new carpet smell lol.

There will be a small group of us, currently 9 in total, all guys, as we are celebrating 2 birthdays in the group. So we hope there are no early nights planned! got to love the UBP!

Hope to meet you all at the meet first night.

Jay & Luke

Welcome guys. It's getting closer. Let's all plan on meeting up at the LGBT meetings each night.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't checked for awhile and good to see other gay couples on the Getaway. Two couples who live in Myrtle Beach SC . Looking forward to a fabulous time and meeting everyone.

This will be my 10th cruise, my partners 2nd. Other couple, one cruise and a newbie.

dave

• Like 1

A meet and greet would be great. There are a few options. I'm not sure what time we sail away, but I think it's before sunset.

The Waterfront on deck 8 is a good choice. They have bars open to the water, Sugarcane Mohito bar and the Sunset Bar.

Deck 16 has Spice H20, which is a huge outdoor area with a bar. Also on this deck is Margaritaville at sea.

Deck 15, the pool deck also has a bar called Waves Pool bar.

Is this an LGBT Meetup, or a cruise critic meet and greet? They should have LGBT meetings every night in one of the clubs too.

Greetings from Myrtle. I was just asking/suggesting we do something at sail-a-away just as an initial get together . Not meant to replace the FOD or any ship sponsored meeting.

The Getaway embarks at 4pm. This will be after time changes, unless the state of Florida goes through with no time change.

dave

I'm with you. I just wanted to clarify if this was for LGBT or anybody on cruise critic. The sunset is at 5:29 pm, so if we leave on time, we'll have 90 minutes until sunset on the ship, which is no problem and will go by quickly if we are all partying and having a few drinks. Let's choose a spot and get this organized. There is also a group of gay travelers from the UK on this cruise, so we could have a nice sized group. The Sunset Bar would be more private and Spice H20 would be more of a party atmosphere. I'm fine with any location. We typically wear beads for the sail away parties, but not necessary.

My husband and I will be there. We are traveling with some straight friends that always seem to tag along with us to the LGBT parties. I guess that's because it's usually a fun group. We're in Chattanooga, not too far from SC.

ah nice. This will be only my 2nd cruise on NCL........but its been years. I have been sailing on the many Holland America ships the last 10 years or so. I have shied away from the bigger ships, this will be change for us.

I have been doing some research on the specialty restaurants on the Getaway, they look great and no way to eat at each one over a 7 day cruise.

dave

of all my 10 cruises, they have all been to the Easter Carib which I love. So this is my first W. Carib and looking forward to seeing the beautiful clear waters. I am already a beach bum as I live a block away from the beach here so go to the beach nearly every day.

That too. Have been to Aruba and Curacao several times. Got up this morning at 6am and took a beautiful 2 mile beach walk before the heat becomes unbearable. So far this month I have lost 10 lbs to get ready for the cruise. Only 15 lbs more to go. Of course some of it will go back on during the cruise.

Cozumel is a lot of fun. There's a lot to do. You can snorkel right off the beach, with no tour or excursion necessary. The locals will tell you you need to take a boat out, but that is not true.

Mr. Sancho's all inclusive beach resort is also fun. They have two pools and great food and drinks all included for $55. Shopping is great there too, if you need anything. We don't shop anymore, so that doesn't matter to us. You can go parasailing, rent jet skis and the food is really good too. If you are more daring, you can take a ferry to the mainland and swim in underground caves, which we enjoyed. The US government has issued travel warnings for Playa del Carmen, so care must be used.

Costa Maya is not a great port, but getting better. There is a new water park a few blocks from the port and a great all-inclusive beach there called Maya Chan, which sells out daily.

Other than that, you can take a shuttle or taxi to the beach for a few dollars.

There is also a tour to Mayan ruins which is very good if you are into that.

i have had the wonderful opportunity to take 3 land based vacations, each a week, to Playa del Carmen and once to Akumul. Absolute love that part of Quintana Roo. Have been to Coba twice and Tulum several times.

The 4 of us haven't gotten together yet to decide what to do at the various ports.

dave

not yet, we are going through the process of discovering our restaurant choices. we definitely want to make our reservations as soon as we get to the 120 day mark.

dave

Does anybody know how we book our free specialty restaurants from being a Platinum Latitudes member? When I try to book online, it asks for a credit card.

I believe I read that dinners under the Latitude must be booked once on board.

If you purchased the cruise and also booked 3 specialty dinners, you can book 120 days out.

If I don't get dinners free, I don't pay for them. I'm fine with the main dining room or actually prefer the buffet to save time.