Balmoral beach....yay or nay?

Pier290

It's the poorest reviewed of the private islands. I haven't been so I can't say negative things about it. It's the same island Sandals uses for their private island at their resort. I personally like Blue Lagoon. The lagoon has no rocks, totally clear, not deep, etc. Plus if the weather isn't perfect, still no waves or chop since it's in the lagoon. Very nice facilities also.

I’d say nay. We were there. The actual beach and water were the only parts that were okay. Bathrooms, food areas, pools were disgusting. Pools had scum on the walls. Bathrooms had the worst odor, and were connected to the food area. Just really bad. Other beach goers from a RC cruise puking in the sand. Music blaring (not relaxing music or even beach music) top 40 garbage.

I considered Balmoral to be nice for a few hours, but be warned about your ability to come and go as you please. One of our family members got sick while we were at Balmoral, and when we asked about taking an early boat back they said that it wasn’t possible, and that we’d have to wait until the end of the excursion 4 hours later to return to the ship. We asked if we could arrange to take one of the boats going to Sandals and that we’d take a cab from there and they said that it would not be possible either.

Feeling like a hostage spoiled the day, and based on that alone, I wouldn’t take this excursion again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...