Hi everyone! I am looking to do an excursion to Pompei as well as the Amalfi Coast which includes a boat ride to the famous Blue Grotto. I was giving a quote of US $411 each person. That includes all transportation as well as the guides and entry fees. Is that a good price in your opinion?

Hi everyone! I am looking to do an excursion to Pompei as well as the Amalfi Coast which includes a boat ride to the famous Blue Grotto. I was giving a quote of US $411 each person. That includes all transportation as well as the guides and entry fees. Is that a good price in your opinion?

That seems high. How many are in your group? The Blue Grotto is on the island of Capri. Does your tour also include Capri?

Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast would be a lot to fit into a single excursion. The Blue Grotto would, IMHO, make it an impossibly rushed (if not impossible) tour. Are you on a cruise?

Yes on a cruise! I thought that might be too much in 1 day! The tour guide said the private tour would be cheaper if other people joined! I will be on the Epic NCL ship and docking in Naples on July 3rd!

I suspect that you may not actually visit the Amalfi Coast if your tour also includes Capri (Blue Grotto). It is possible to visit Capri, Sorrento (called "gateway to Amalfi Coast" but not actually the Amalfi) and Pompeii is a single day - it will be a very busy day.

If you are looking for tour shares, I suggest that you visit the roll call for your sailing:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455728

That would be some feat if you got all that done in one day! Anyway, if you want to save some money, Pompeii is easily doable on your own. Take a taxi from the port to the main train station, take the Circumvesuviana train on the lower level of the station directly to Pompeii where you can walk to the entrance. I do recommend getting a guide for Pompeii (easily obtained once there as they pretty much accost you) unless you are very familiar with the ruins as it's HUGE and not easy to understand what you are looking at and all of the detailed tidbits that go along with the ruins.

Sorrento is also on the same train line to Pompeii. It's the last stop, no need to change trains.