Best Time for Autumn Color?

BarnCat1

there are too many variables to pin point when foliage is best, and New England is different from Canada. To get an idea about NE, take a look at the Interactive Foliage Map by Yankee magazine.

The cruise I would select would be a cruise that includes Bar Harbor. Why Bar Harbor, because it is the only port that has a national park (Acadia National Park) on its doorstep. 10 minutes after landing, you'll be in the park enjoying the foliage. No wasted time in transportation.

A visit anytime during the first 2.5 weeks of October would be best for BH, and I know the cruise has other ports. You may get lucky with the other ports but..... Get one for sure.

SBtS

We can generalize that for Nova Scotia (Halifax and Sydney) the second week of October is best. However this year has been very hot and dry and a few stressed trees have turned already.

You can pretty well tell the peak dates by the cruise prices and the number of ships in port.

Usually Columbus Day weekend is the best "leaf peeping" time ... but, this year has been very different and I've heard that leaves are going to change earlier. Looking out my window the leaves now have a different hue to them and that fall is almost here. (things are always subject to change without notice!!!) Jan