Ladies...what are your favorite stores for clothes

tulip2010

Charity/thrift stores! I browse on a regular basis, so I can wait for the really great finds to come along. Cocktail and "gala" dresses are the best, as they have usually only been worn once, if at all. I also have a number of Ann Taylor and WHBM separates that appear to have been donated by the stores. I love the fact that I find brands and styles that I might never have known or considered. Saves me a ton of money (for cruising, of course), and the proceeds go to a good cause.

I love Goodwill for formals. Since you only wear them once. Also Clothes Mentor. It's a franchise consignment type store

I love maxi dresses and find them very versatile. I'm short, but there are plenty of places that offer petite sizing for maxis. I don't typically buy patterned clothing in general, so all of my maxis are solid colors. For me/my body, I try to find ones that are at fitted in the top.

I have a bunch of colors in this style from Nordstrom (free shipping/free returns all the time)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/loveappella-v-neck-jersey-maxi-dress-regular-petite/3965546?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=MIDNIGHT

I also have had pretty good luck with maxis (or midis) from Banana Republic, Gap and even Old Navy over the years. I always buy the reg length as well as the petite length, because sometimes the regular length fits me fine.

Good luck! Have fun shopping!

That is a really pretty dress. I love that it's jersey so will pack well. Thanks!!!!!