Trying something new .. but have a few questions

Funbobby68

We like to have a drink on the verandah, so we take our own booze for that. We use 32 oz. Rum Runner flasks (cheap, less than $5) which we put into zip-lock bags before packing them in the suitcase. They work like a charm, and won't show up on X-rays that other cruise lines might use to detect liquor in suitcases because they have no metal. http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/flasks.aspx

We like to have a drink on the verandah, so we take our own booze for that. We use 32 oz. Rum Runner flasks (cheap, less than $5) which we put into zip-lock bags before packing them in the suitcase. They work like a charm, and won't show up on X-rays that other cruise lines might use to detect liquor in suitcases because they have no metal. http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/flasks.aspx

The only problem with that is the airlines frown on that much unmarked liquid in your checked baggage. The rules state that alcohol needs to be in the original container. Of course it goes through most of the time.

I know this from personal experience. I had to go back through security to the Delta check in desk and explain to them what it was. TSA had contacted them and was holding up the bag until Delta cleared it. They called me over the airport main speaker system. I was only trying to reduce weight by not carrying the bottles. I was going on an Oceania cruise so there was no reason to try to hide it.