Taking wine on board

Corkage fee is back, but several reports of people not being charged.

But to avoid being charged, open the bottle in your cabin, carry glass of wine to dinner.

What?? Really?? We didn't have that when we cruised on RC last September (2016)!! Will have to look into that....

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know if Celebrity allows you to bring on two bottles of wine each. Also can you bring a bottle of sherry instead of wine?

Last year, one of the bottles we brought was dessert wine - that wasn't an issue but that was in a normal looking wine bottle....I was considering bringing a bottle of Port this year but Sherry and Port bottles look a bit different and i'm not sure they'll let that through...

• 2 months later...

Yes, bring your own corkscrew and glasses if you're pick about what you drink out of. The glasses onboard that they'll give you are really bad (thick rimmed, terribly small bowls). I bought a Riedel wine glass travel case for our glasses and have never had a problem taking it onboard. I also bring a set of GoVino plastic glasses to use by the pool. But yeah, some lines have "nicer" glasses onboard but they are usually at the designated wine bar (if they have one) and they will NOT let you walk out with those. Best to bring your own if you are a serious connoisseur and are drinking really nice wine (which pretty much anyone who is concerned about the glass will be).

The current rule is that you have to pay 15 bucks if you want to drink your wine (you can bring to bottles per cabin) in the public places, meaning it is free if you drinking on your cabin.

Honestly, i find this rather expensive especially since even good restaurants charges a corkage fee similar to this one. And they are basically live on selling wine.

The current rule is that you have to pay 15 bucks if you want to drink your wine (you can bring to bottles per cabin) in the public places, meaning it is free if you drinking on your cabin.

Honestly, i find this rather expensive especially since even good restaurants charges a corkage fee similar to this one. And they are basically live on selling wine.

Thanks very helpful. I was reading posts from others about paying it upon embarkation so I wasn't sure, really appreciate the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get glasses from a bar, or ask the cabin attendant....wine opener, too. Although, if you want your wine for sail away, you might want to bring an opener....they don't take up any space! Just stop by a bar and pick up 2 glasses!