Consecutive Cruisers Cluster

We have done several B2B and several on the Serenade. I'd bet my lunch money that there was a notice in the Compass for the last several days that says if you are B2B (consecutive cruisers) and didn't get a letter to go to Guest Services, so they really did try to get you to act before the last day.

Enjoy the "Beantown to Breakers" cruise - it is one of our favorites. If you want to just bail - let me know we will take your place.

Very interesting info thank you.

I have a question. I will be on my first b2b in Feb/March on the Radiance 2018. We arrive in Freemantle at 6:30. We are being picked up at 9:30 for an excursion ( not organized by RC)

Is it realistic that we can make the "meeting" and meet our guide at 9:30?

Thanks for your help

But, as another poster noted, this is a big to do over nothing and actually not worth getting stressed out over.

The stress comes from the fear of the unknown.

Enjoy your cruise

Hindsight has the benefit of knowledge gained, however, it's not so easy to dismiss it, in the moment. I agree that fear of the unknown is a major contributing factor to the stress level of the OP, who is hopefully through it all by now, and back on board relaxing.

First of all, I am so sorry for your stress. I'm a control freak over our vacation travel and have everything planned and if I run into a glitch that I didn't cause...it stresses me too...but don't give up on them. You may have had a rough group at a rough time...know what I mean?

You had a lot going on and it wasn't given the attention needed by the RCCL staff. If I understand correctly...

1. You had a B2B (linked?)

2. You changed rooms

3. You had an excursion

Honestly, its not that much and if there was a glitch it should have been quickly solved. I would certainly let

them know about the issues while on the 2nd leg.

We experienced our 1st B2B in January of the year. We loved it so much that we are booked for a B2B in January 2018 on the Navigator. Our Room Attendant asked us if we were consecutive cruisers on the 2nd to the last night. We didn't even think to mention it to him. We did receive our B2B meeting letter and attended. Our Room Attendant even told us that he would clean our room first so that we could get back in after leaving customs. We had the smoothest transition. Very organized. We loved it. We also kept our same cabin. When we do it again in January, we plan on attending the meeting again, even though we know the procedure, but you never know if something may change.

Don't give up on them....give them a chance to make good and do it again on another ship, hopefully with the same room....I hope you have a fabulous time on your 2nd leg.

If you're booked on a back to back cruise you should call Crown and Anchor and have them link those reservations which alerts the ship that you are a consecutive cruiser. You need to proactively verify this information with the guest services and your room steward when you board. Anything you can do to alert all that you are a consecutive cruiser makes for a smooth transition. Never had any problems when the above was done.

Yup! With 34 cruises in the books our first B2B will be in February but it's Allure to Silhouette. Not to make light of the OP's situation but we just received notice that Silhouette will be boarding in Miami for our cruise instead of Everglades. Talk about the potential for a screw up. They've planned shuttles from FLL to POM but not PE to POM. They say they're working on it. :eek::D

This is an entirely different situation. I think people use "back to back" to refer to cruises on the same ship. You have booked two different cruises; one leaves the day the other docks--and you are cruising on two different lines: Celebrity and Royal are, in fact, different companies despite being owned by the same parent company. Frankly, I'm surprised anyone is making any effort on your behalf regarding transportation. I'm sure you'll enjoy both cruises, but they really are separate.

In her defense I went back and edited it. Not sure how to place Paragraphs since it all refers to the same incident.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much OP, that was a bit better.:D I have been under severe eye strain with allergies all summer and go back to the eye DR on Mon.

We will be doing a B2B with Royal ourselves and I found your post of interest to me. So sorry this happened to you. I do know that guest services can give you many different answers and if I were in your shoes, I'd be very upset too.

In our case we will have the same cabin, but I've learned to make sure we are on the B2B list. Thank you again.

Nor did I have any problems reading either. Some complain over absolutely nothing.

Op edited her post to make it more readable.

I'm not complaining over nothing, I asked her nicely and she responded nicely. Not all people have perfect vision, consider yourself extremely fortunate.

Agree with dd. Give the original poster a break. Can not you see that original poster is relatively new to posting on CC. I had no trouble reading her post.

OP had edited her post by the time you read it..............please see my post above, I can only quote two posts at a time.

Was hoping we’d hear back from OP on how it went.

Hopefully, the OP spent the day touring Boston as it is an absolutely gorgeous day here today. Temp is in the low 70's with clear skies. Perfect day for an excursion to Salem or a harbor cruise.

We spent the day apple picking and then went for a walk on the beach.

Three ships in Boston today.

My name's not Frank and I'm shocked! [emoji33] You mean to say just because I'm getting on another ship I can't claim it as B2B??? [emoji853] 'Frankly,' they're doing it because they're changing the itinerary from what was originally booked and you're gonna hate this part. They're giving us $50 pp OBC. For the love of God where will it end...Miami instead of Port Everglades of course. By the way, who's Frankly? Happy sailing. [emoji39]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My name's not Frank and I'm shocked! [emoji33] You mean to say just because I'm getting on another ship I can't claim it as B2B??? [emoji853] 'Frankly,' they're doing it because they're changing the itinerary from what was originally booked and you're gonna hate this part. They're giving us $50 pp OBC. For the love of God where will it end...Miami instead of Port Everglades of course. By the way, who's Frankly? Happy sailing. [emoji39]

Nope, not a B2B, think that is a side by side or something like that.;p Now, we better not see you call an upsell an upgrade, those threads get to be absolutely ridiculous.:eek:;p:D

Nope, not a B2B, think that is a side by side or something like that.;p Now, we better not see you call an upsell an upgrade, those threads get to be absolutely ridiculous.:eek:;p:D
S2S doesn't sound as cool. 'Frankly' I'm not sure why my friend seemed perturbed that Celebrity would 'do anything for me' or assume I had no clue who owns Royal and Celebrity. Not everyone on da intranets is a total moron. [emoji16]

Ok, here is the follow up. But before I go there:

1) We were on the consecutive cruisers list, not the first B2B, but the first with cabin change.

2) We told our Cabin Steward on day 1 that we were B2B and changing cabins.

3) I had marked Consecutive Cruiser on the Set Sail Pass.

4) Crown and Anchor was aware of our B2B situation.

I think I had done all that I could to let everyone know that we were B2B and honestly don’t feel a passenger should have to do that. It is all computerized from booking (which was done on-board a previous cruise - so no TA to place blame on) this was all RCCL, all the way.

There was no immigration form in cabin, which was unusual and perhaps a new procedure. The ships customs and immigration was done in MDR. Not sure if this is because there were 3 ships in port or if this is also a new procedure, but it was wonderful. After going through C&I we waited in Cafe Latte-tudes for our new cruise card. Once we received that we disembarked.

Outside the port, there were few employees to direct people to taxis and buses...But there were 3 ships in so it was understandable. We did not have an excursion, but we were told we couldn’t get into the new cabin until 1:00 as that was the time the cabins would be available.

We retrieved some items that were needed and had lunch and then back to the ship.

Returned to the ship and had to figure out if we were to stand in line or, as consecutive cruisers, if there was a different procedure. Honestly, it didn’t appear as if the port side (RCCL) staff knew what the consecutive cruiser procedure was. So One shrugged her shoulders and took us past some barriers and pointed to the crew entry. We had no problem after that.

Got to our cabin and all luggage was there and all closet contents were hanging in the closet. Our new room steward has been very attentive and looking forward to another 12 days of sailing.

We understand that there are blips and problems along the way. It just seemed that we hit all of the blips and problems that could happen. It is behind us and hopefully will be the last major blip we have on this trip.

I guess we have cruised without major setbacks so often on RCCL that it just seemed overwhelming. Especially since we were doing nothing unusual. Consecutive Cruisers are on every cruise and it seemed as though there was no set or known procedure in how to handle this.

Perhaps RCCL could have an CC Ambassador for just such situations.

I had to laugh. Someone is getting stressed out over nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disagree

A vacation should be relaxing and non-stressful, but when employees make the situation confusing with conflicting information --it is no wonder the anxiety hits.

Sorry for your situation.

Hope your vacation was awesome and you are able to forget the disorganization.

Safe travels.

Thank you for posting. We will be on our first b2b in December and I appreciate the information you provided. I hope you have all blips behind you. Have a great time. :)

All is wonderful. Thank you! I hope you have taken the suggestions about checking with Guest Services and also letting your cabin steward know, so you have a very positive experience.

Disagree

A vacation should be relaxing and non-stressful, but when employees make the situation confusing with conflicting information --it is no wonder the anxiety hits.

Sorry for your situation.

Hope your vacation was awesome and you are able to forget the disorganization.

Safe travels.

Thank you! New day, new cruise, restored attitude...all is good!

Thank you so much for returning back, Quiltincruiser, to update us on the outcome. Seems like you slipped between the cracks and that should not have happened.

Your information and experience was very valuable to many of us who are facing a B2B. Hopefully you got the "pot holes" fixed for the rest of us driving down the same road.

Have a wonderful cruise :D

Thank you so much for returning back, Quiltincruiser, to update us on the outcome. Seems like you slipped between the cracks and that should not have happened.

Your information and experience was very valuable to many of us who are facing a B2B. Hopefully you got the "pot holes" fixed for the rest of us driving down the same road.

Have a wonderful cruise :D

Thank you. I hope my adventure helps some in the future!

Us either. We are on our first b2b starting on Sunday on Oasis. We'll have to remember to go to GS.
I have never had to go to guest services in our b2b. But we usually stay in the same cabin and our steward usually welcomes us and mentions they will be our steward for both cruises.

The part that I usually look forward to is the consecutive cruiser lunch. Have had it in Giovanni if there are not very many. Have also had it in the mdr but those events have not been as nice imho. They meal in mdr has not been as good as our lunches in specialty restaurants.

BND Will you be at the 2pm meet n greet at schooner bar?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk