Bucket of beer

Niagarawine

Yes. There will likely be a Happy Hour in one or two of the bars (details will be in the daily program) and you can purchase your beer at the HH pricing (first one at full price, second at $2). We did that a few times to take advantage of HH pricing and then, depending on whether or not we had a fridge, either kept in the fridge or in the ice bucket on the desk. Sometimes, we even took the beer to the MDR to have with dinner.

(It's a shame he only drinks beer when you live in Niagara!)

i think the bucket delievred to the room contains 6 beers and the one in the bars 5 hence the price difference. but yes once youve got it you can take it and drink wherever you wish

i think the bucket delievred to the room contains 6 beers and the one in the bars 5 hence the price difference...

No need to guess about such things when a call to HAL Ship Services would provide a definitive/reliable answer. JMO

Smooth sailing :beer-mug: :beer-mug: :beer-mug:

Maybe. Or maybe you will get the answer that the random phone person thinks is true.

And maybe the "random" CCer will guess the correct answer ... but how will you know, when (as demonstrated in this Thread) there are conflicting answers (guesses) posted on here? JMO; YMMV

my husband only drinks beer. I noticed that the room service price for a bucket was 38 tom40 dollars but in the bar the bucket is 26 dollars. Could I buy the beer there and take it to our cabin?

If you (or a friend traveling on the same cruise) is a 4 or 5 star Mariner, the cheapest beer is found in the mini-bar (since you get a 50% discount). With the discount I think you pay around $3 per can/bottle plus the 15% service charge, so under $4 total.

I would go with the happy hour specials, usually late afternoon and 10-11 (drink servers on the Zaandam gave happy hour prices in the Lido buffet at lunch also). My experience with buying a bucket on the last night of a cruise (unexpected credit to use) was negative, since they would only give one brand of beer, not a variety, and they wouldn't bring me a bottle opener, nor was there one in the room.

My happy hour trick is to buy 2 Grolsch's (Dutch beer in keeping with the Holland spirit), which are 16 oz, so you get good value, and they have resealable locking caps, so I can carry them around the ship in my shoulder pack, keep one in the fridge, and drink where I'm at, whether it's on a Promenade deck chair, in a Crow's Nest lounger, or in my room.

How would it work if you had a drink package?

Unless you are over your allotted 15 drinks a day, you do not need to worry about it. Whenever you want a beer, you just order one. ;) If you are over your 15 drinks a day, I do not know the answer and you need more help than I can give you. :D

Maybe. Or maybe you will get the answer that the random phone person thinks is true.

Yes the random poster is correct - 6 beers to a bucket in room service and 5 from the bar. Copied from another thread a few days ago (need to add 15%) ....

895085878c830ee2c4500fc9a1e24abd.jpg

Yes the random poster is correct - 6 beers to a bucket in room service and 5 from the bar. Copied from another thread a few days ago (need to add 15%) ....

895085878c830ee2c4500fc9a1e24abd.jpg

Interesting ... but only adds to the confusion, as the current (10-17-2017) prices for the (6-pack) Bucket of Beer posted on HAL's website are $37.50 for Imported brands and $40 for Domestic (US) brands. And, adding 15% to the prices shown in the Room Service menu that you posted would only bring those prices up to $34.50 and $36.80, respectively. I'd wager a beer that the current information from HAL is more accurate than that posted by your "random poster".

Interesting ... but only adds to the confusion, as the current (10-17-2017) prices for the (6-pack) Bucket of Beer posted on HAL's website are $37.50 for Imported brands and $40 for Domestic (US) brands. And, adding 15% to the prices shown in the Room Service menu that you posted would only bring those prices up to $34.50 and $36.80, respectively. I'd wager a beer that the current information from HAL is more accurate than that posted by your "random poster".

Are you wagering a Domestic or Imported beer? Just asking :')

dh

I would go with the happy hour specials, usually late afternoon and 10-11 (drink servers on the Zaandam gave happy hour prices in the Lido buffet at lunch also). My experience with buying a bucket on the last night of a cruise (unexpected credit to use) was negative, since they would only give one brand of beer, not a variety, and they wouldn't bring me a bottle opener, nor was there one in the room.

My happy hour trick is to buy 2 Grolsch's (Dutch beer in keeping with the Holland spirit), which are 16 oz, so you get good value, and they have resealable locking caps, so I can carry them around the ship in my shoulder pack, keep one in the fridge, and drink where I'm at, whether it's on a Promenade deck chair, in a Crow's Nest lounger, or in my room.

Nice. thanks for that tip.

Not sure how quoting bar service prices/quantities and comparing to room service prices adds confusion. However quoting prices for gifts purchased prior to cruise may well do so which is what I believe you have done (I have just checked this on my live booking and copied (poorly) below). Perhaps you could clarify what the prices you quote are for - bar service, room service or pre cruise gifts. (geez, I need to get a life, surely there are more important things to debate but then beer is important!!)

img_gifts.spirit_MGD6_dt.jpgMiller Genuine Draft domestic beer: 6-pack

Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer: 6-pack

BUY NOW

$40.00

img_gifts.spirit_ML6lg.jpgMiller Lite domestic beer: 6-pack

Miller Lite domestic beer: 6-pack

BUY NOW

$37.50

img_gifts_beer_dt.jpgHeineken imported beer: 6-pack

Heineken imported beer: 6-pack

BUY NOW

and bar serivce prices from June 17 ...http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Pool-Bars.pdf

Edited by Nang