Live Review from Adventure of the Seas October 14, 2017

Just getting my thread started for the upcoming Adventure of the Seas sailing from San Juan on October 14th. I know I enjoy reading live reviews and find them very informative and help with the countdown excitement. I'm traveling solo on "mom vacation" for the week. This is my second S. Caribbean trip from San Juan, but first cruise on the Adventure.

I have to work tomorrow, so my vacation officially begins at 6:00P.M Friday October 13th. I will be staying at the Columbus Oh. airport Friday night to get on my 6:00A flight Saturday morning, connection through PHL, and hopefully arriving San Juan around 2:30P.M

There has been a bit of stress with this cruise, we all have been wondering if the cruise was going to be cancelled due to Hurricane devastation. I booked the cruise with cruisesonly about a year ago when I saw they had a single rate available, the last room in the category was an accessible interior cabin which I did not need an accessible room, but RCCL said since it was the last cabin available in that category then I can keep it for now, and they noted the account that if an accessible cabin was needed they could change my room. So I will hopefully be sharing lots of pictures of an accessible M interior cabin. I did wait until late to book my airfare, but booked right after Hurricane Marie when airfare prices were very low. Booked the airfare with RCCL in case of any delays they guarantee you to the ship. Roundtrip airfare was a little under $300 total. RCCL is also offering complimentary shuttle transfer from the airport to the pier.

The excursions I have booked are all beach days at different resorts. I'm just looking for relaxation and pampering.

Before my Live Review begins, I'll post a warning. I do not like to "short type" and I enjoy writing and sharing so if you do not enjoy long reviews with personal commentary then this may not be the live review for you to follow. I'm positive and always happy to help answer any questions while I'm on the ship.

Subscribing! I'm on this cruise in February. Our itinerary, as it stands now, is:

St. Thomas: 8AM-5PM

St. Kitts: 8AM-5PM

At Sea

Curacao: 8AM-8PM

Aruba: 8AM-11PM

At Sea

Very similar to your modified itinerary. What was your original itinerary? I'm hoping that St. Thomas is fully functional by February, as a day on St. John was a big deciding factor in choosing this itinerary. But if they substitute another island, so be it. The remaining three ports should be fine, once we get out of Puerto Rico.

Our San Juan inn for the night prior reports being operational NOW, so that should be fine. Where we might have done some sight-seeing before boarding the ship, if the conditions on the island are still bad, we may just embark early. We've cruise out of Puerto Rico before, so I won't be too disappointed if we have to shorten our time there. We'll certainly cruise out of PR again in the future!

Can't wait to follow your live review! And I LOVE lots of details, so your writing style is perfect for me!! ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

Subscribing! I'm on this cruise in February. Our itinerary, as it stands now, is:

St. Thomas: 8AM-5PM

St. Kitts: 8AM-5PM

At Sea

Curacao: 8AM-8PM

Aruba: 8AM-11PM

At Sea

Very similar to your modified itinerary. What was your original itinerary?

Your itinerary was our original itinerary. They were going to change St. Thomas to St. Croix, but after Marie they changed it to Antigua. After the cruise I have a later flight at 4:30P.M I plan on spending the day at the San Juan Marriott. They offer Day Passes where you can lounge by the pool and on the beach and they even include lunch credit. I did check with them and they are operational today.

Is Royal providing free shuttles from the airport like they did last week?

:) Yes, Royal is offering complimentary transfers between the airport and pier. I will use their transfers when I arrive, but my return flight is at 4:30P and the ship docks at 7:00A., so I'll have breakfast on board, then self disembark and grab a taxi to the San Juan Marriott to spend the day and take a taxi to the airport from there.

:) Yes, Royal is offering complimentary transfers between the airport and pier. I will use their transfers when I arrive, but my return flight is at 4:30P and the ship docks at 7:00A., so I'll have breakfast on board, then self disembark and grab a taxi to the San Juan Marriott to spend the day and take a taxi to the airport from there.

Thanks for the info. While you are at the airport can you look at the taxi availability?

Thanks

Your itinerary was our original itinerary. They were going to change St. Thomas to St. Croix, but after Marie they changed it to Antigua. After the cruise I have a later flight at 4:30P.M I plan on spending the day at the San Juan Marriott. They offer Day Passes where you can lounge by the pool and on the beach and they even include lunch credit. I did check with them and they are operational today.

Do you have to buy the day pass ahead of time, or can you just show up that day. We're on the 10/28 sailing and will self-debark. Our flight out isn't until 4:55 pm so I'd love to spend the day at the resort rather than the airport.

Do you have to buy the day pass ahead of time, or can you just show up that day. We're on the 10/28 sailing and will self-debark. Our flight out isn't until 4:55 pm so I'd love to spend the day at the resort rather than the airport.

I Booked ahead of time with just a $15 deposit down, that way they have my contact information and email if anything happens and they need to reach out to me before I arrive. Such as power outage or maintenance issues.

http://www.resortforaday.com/Marriott-San-Juan-Shore-Excursion-Resort-Pass-p/sjumrs-l.htm

Hi, I'm going on a cruise on Nov 11 and also staying in San Juan the night before the cruise. I am curious as to the conditions in SJ and we are also staying at the San Juan Marriott Miramar. Is that the hotel you are staying at? There are 2 Marriotts in SJ. I spoke to someone at the hotel yesterday and they are still on generators and lock their doors at 6pm for safety. This is the first time I am using this site so I hope I am doing this correctly. Thanks for any info you can give me.