Koningsdam neptune suite question

thelovelymrsd

My husband and I were assigned Neptune Suite 5196 on the Koningsdam as we were on a NEPTUNE GUARANTEE. Has anyone ever sailed in this cabin which is all the way aft? It seems it appears to have a very large wrap-around verandah! Can anyone supply more information for us? THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Vince and Sharon De Caria

Koningsdam 29OCT17 :cool:

It does indeed have a very large wrap-around balcony! I'm surprised that you got that on a guarantee, as those are very popular cabins. CLICK HERE for pictures of 4184. (click thumbnails to enlarge) Your side balcony will only be about half as deep, but should otherwise be the same. Enjoy the K!

My husband and I were assigned Neptune Suite 5196 on the Koningsdam as we were on a NEPTUNE GUARANTEE. Has anyone ever sailed in this cabin which is all the way aft? It seems it appears to have a very large wrap-around verandah! Can anyone supply more information for us? THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Vince and Sharon De Caria

Koningsdam 29OCT17 :cool:

Haven't stayed in your exact suite, but the "aft-wrap" Neptunes are our favorites (five in a row). You are correct in that the veranda is large and provides you a 270 degree field of view. You will get your exercise walking the length of the ship, but you're also much closer to the aft pool, MDR, and the Lido. I think you'll really enjoy your suite.

FYI, the aft-wrap verandas on deck 5 on the Vista class ships are probably half again bigger than yours. Those ships originally had a forward raked stern, but they later added cabins on deck 6 and up, "squaring up" the aft profile of the ship and giving the deck 5 suites their huge covered verandas.

... but they later added cabins on deck 6 and up, "squaring up" the aft profile of the ship and giving the deck 5 suites their huge covered verandas.
Actually the deck 4 and deck 5 aft balconies did not change in size when they extended decks 6 thru 9. That just made the deck 5 completely covered. This is how the Vistas (except Noordam) looked before the upper cabins were added:

tafzpg.jpg

Edited by catl331

I sailed in the same cabin on deck 8 this past June. Unbelievable balcony. It was so big, we could have had 30 people for a party! The corner cabin is really nice as well, with windows over the bed and on the back wall. Great view. We sailed to Norway on the K and had a great time. Hope you enjoy!

We sailed in our first NS aft cabin last December and will

continue to book them as long as they’re available! I brought an electric candle to enjoy in the evenings while sipping wine on the veranda under the beautiful moon , watching the wake. Sigh. Hurry February!! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two S-i-Ls were in 5196 in March. Compared to our 7188 (corner SB on Deck 7), 5196 is smaller, both in cabin and balcony size. We worked hard to compare the corner SBs from Deck 4 to 8. 5196 was on the smaller side amoungst that group.

But, hard to complain in a Suite. You will enjoy it, I am sure.

Edited by CruiserBruce