Hurricane Cruise Credit - September 18 Majesty

My wife and I had to cancel our cruise because of the impacts of multiple hurricanes in mid-September. We reviewed the information online at Royal Caribbean’s Itinerary update page and found our cruise listed with a 100 percent cruise credit on a future cruise if we wished to cancel. We called Royal and the representative advised the credit would be processed within about four days of the cruise date. He further advised we should contact our travel agent.

We contacted our agent immediately and cancelled. The agency charged us a 100 dollar cancellation fee.

It has been over a month now and we have not received any future cruise credit. When I call Royal they tell me it’s a slow process and can take a long time. We had hoped to cruise this Christmas season but we can’t without that credit.

Three weeks ago I used the website contact page to send an inquiry to RCCL but only received an automated response.

We are wondering what is happening? My friends tell me we have lost all the money and to put it behind us. We are Diamond members and love Royal Caribbean. The have always been prompt and fair in the past.

Does anyone else have any experience with this situation?

Thank You

Paul Dickerson

Majesty of the Seas - 18 September 2017

My wife and I had to cancel our cruise because of the impacts of multiple hurricanes in mid-September. We reviewed the information online at Royal Caribbean’s Itinerary update page and found our cruise listed with a 100 percent cruise credit on a future cruise if we wished to cancel. We called Royal and the representative advised the credit would be processed within about four days of the cruise date. He further advised we should contact our travel agent.

We contacted our agent immediately and cancelled. The agency charged us a 100 dollar cancellation fee.

It has been over a month now and we have not received any future cruise credit. When I call Royal they tell me it’s a slow process and can take a long time. We had hoped to cruise this Christmas season but we can’t without that credit.

Three weeks ago I used the website contact page to send an inquiry to RCCL but only received an automated response.

We are wondering what is happening? My friends tell me we have lost all the money and to put it behind us. We are Diamond members and love Royal Caribbean. The have always been prompt and fair in the past.

Thank You

Paul Dickerson

Paul, sometimes they are more responsive to social media. Try their Facebook page or twitter feed.

Call the Redeployment desk and tell them you need FCC in order to book a cruise for the holidays. This is the number we used, 1-888-281-9344.

We did this after our Empress cruise was cancelled due to Irma and they were able to activate our FCC so we could book another cruise that was 2 weeks out.

We also had our Mariner TA cancelled, we received an email notifying us the end of August but just received the FCC this week so it can take some time.

Sherri:)

Thank You

Paul Dickerson

was your cruise eventually cancelled by Royal?

Ours (Adventure) was cancelled and even though we cancelled first, we received all money back plus a 25% credit of what we paid towards a future cruise booked within 30 days. Our credit was tied to our C&A number and when we booked new cruise, the credit was easily found.

Your credit should be tied to your C&A number already.

I sure don't think much of a TA that charged you to cancel under these circumstances. They lost no commission if the cruise was not cancelled. Ours does charge, but waived it because of the circumstances

We got a 25% FCC for our shortened Oasis cruise in September and it will a few calls for us to get our FCC. At first we were told that it would take awhile and then on the third call got our FCC certificate numbers. They should be able to pull it up with your original reservation number.

I would try like suggested above and call the redeployment number in the other post. Apparently our CC were issued the first time I called but for some reason the agent could not find them

In addition if you have your new sailing picked out they should be able to book you and apply the certificates at the same time. I know others have done it that way