Carnival Inspiration Feb. 12th

travelphreak

Hi All,

I have read on other forums that some cruise lines are doing away with "cruise elegant/formal" night on short cruises. Is that true of Carnival on their 4-day Catalina/Ensenada cruise? I don't mind the shirt/tie and slacks but I hate bringing a sport coat for a few hours use.

I know the dome at Long Beach is still under construction so it might be slow. Is there enough parking in the parking garage now that three ships are stationed there? If not, is there an area outside that won't cost more than $19/day?

Thank you Rosefloater. It will be a sweater for me!:)

I didn't convey my question right on parking. If the parking garage is full is there an "overflow" area. Now that three ships are using the Long Beach terminal instead of two I was just questioning whether there was enough spaces in the garage.

We are looking forward to a great short cruise.

Thanks again,

Harold (travelphreak)

Carnival has had 3 ships out of Long Beach for quite some time. The Splendor and the Miracle just recently switched coasts. Parking will be fine, but you may have to park on the top level of the garage which is not covered. I believe there are other parking lots..independently owned..off site. Some of the hotels in the area do have packages available that include a nights stay, parking for your vehicle in their lot for the length of your cruise and shuttling you back and forth to the cruise terminal.

Thanks Lil2Angelic for your answer. We live up in the Central Valley and it is about a four-hour drive for us so we just drive down the morning of (ship leaves at 5:30 PM so there is plenty of time). We've parked in the garage many times but I didn't know the roof was also available - should be plenty of room.

Yes, there’s lots of parking outside of the parking structure.

If you park inside the structure, keep your paid ticket out as you will have to show it on your way out of port.

If you park anywhere else, only the left lane accepts cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi All,

I have read on other forums that some cruise lines are doing away with "cruise elegant/formal" night on short cruises. Is that true of Carnival on their 4-day Catalina/Ensenada cruise? I don't mind the shirt/tie and slacks but I hate bringing a sport coat for a few hours use.

I know the dome at Long Beach is still under construction so it might be slow. Is there enough parking in the parking garage now that three ships are stationed there? If not, is there an area outside that won't cost more than $19/day?

I hope you will give us a review when you return. We are sailing at the end of March.