Shared ride to 34th Path station from cape liberty

jerseylily

Hi we have all day to get to our hotel in LIC for a week of post cruise holiday. Are there rides to the nearest public transport station when we dock from summit on a Sunday?

Yes, the cost of a shared shuttle to 34th Street should be $10. There will be traffic personnel outside to direct you in right direction.

Yes, the cost of a shared shuttle to 34th Street should be $10. There will be traffic personnel outside to direct you in right direction.

That's 34th st in Bayonne. The Taxi Dispatcher will help you. The price can vary. I paid $5 as a solo last feb and tipped because the guy handled my small carryon luggage. $10 for 2 people would be fine, but not much more than that. You have to walk out to the garage area to find the Taxi Dispatcher. Just keep asking and looking for him.

What exact date are you doing this? Where exactly in LI City are you going? Please provide these details because PATH service to midtown is currently having weekend closures. Not a real problem, but we need to tell you the best way to connect on a Sunday with the right NY subway train to LI City.

:o

Sept 23rd 2 persons

You will be affected by the closures.

Path high level plan - https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2018/07/path_stations_will_close_for_installment_of_new_si.html

You will need to take the light rail to Exchange Place and transfer to PATH there to go to World Trade. At World Trade they will be handing out free NYC subway cards with 2 free trips.

You didn't say where exactly you need to go in Long Island city. Chances are that either the R or W train will take you somewhere close to where you want to be.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

However, if you post an exact destination in Long Island City, the New Yorkers can make very practical suggestions about the various stations and their level of accessibility. Some of these stations are above ground with lots of stairs whereas others have varying levels of accessibility options.

Nearest station looks like Court Square are there lifts? Or as you say elevator?

So far I am reading..get a ride with luggage roughly 5 dollars per person to hudson bergen light rail station at 34th street Bayonne

Buy a single ticket for each of us and change to the path at exchange place (as Hoboken closed) to world trade (do we have to buy a path ticket? As they say they will honour Hudson bergen tix?)

At world trade they will give me free subway tix with we can then use to get to court Square?

Wow...fun day! But I guess we will learn a bunch about the transit system!

So far I am reading..get a ride with luggage roughly 5 dollars per person to hudson bergen light rail station at 34th street Bayonne

Buy a single ticket for each of us and change to the path at exchange place (as Hoboken closed) to world trade (do we have to buy a path ticket? As they say they will honour Hudson bergen tix?)

At world trade they will give me free subway tix with we can then use to get to court Square?

Wow...fun day! But I guess we will learn a bunch about the transit system!

PATH is $2.75/pp. Hudson Bergen light rail is $2.25 ($1.10 if 62+ - must buy ticket from a machine and validate.

Because of the PATH interruption at World Trade Center they are supposed to give you a NYC Metrocard with 2 trips valid for that day.

Court Square is marked accessible only for the #7 and G train. I'm seeing at least 2 choices - E train from World Trade to Court Square (no transfers) and deal with the stairs or R/W train to Times Square/42nd St with accessible transfer to the #7 train. This 2nd choice may involve platform walking with luggage to get to the elevators.

but I guess a last question is it safe to do this especially with luggage?

The New Yorkers will have to respond about the Court Square area in Queens. I've done Cape Liberty several times from both midtown and downtown Manhattan and have had no problems. I have never had any concerns about Cape Liberty/Manhattan travel with luggage.

but I guess a last question is it safe to do this especially with luggage?

If you’re going when there will be people around don’t worry, only in desolate places would I worry BUT if you’re tending to your luggage you can easily be pick pocketed as could happen in any place in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh..forgot to ask! If I get IN a taxi say at 34th Street Bayonne to go TO the port do I ask the driver to put the meter on and pay the amount at end of trip OR do I negotiate before we set off and pay that? I'm guessing no more than 12dollar?

Oh..forgot to ask! If I get IN a taxi say at 34th Street Bayonne to go TO the port do I ask the driver to put the meter on and pay the amount at end of trip OR do I negotiate before we set off and pay that? I'm guessing no more than 12dollar?

You need to call a cab from Bayonne 34th St. it should be $10-12. They will quote you a flat rate when you call. Uber is also an option.

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

You need to call a cab from Bayonne 34th St. it should be $10-12. They will quote you a flat rate when you call. Uber is also an option.

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service

201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi

201-339-8300

And if by chance there is one there flat rate discussion or meter on for NJ taxis?

And if by chance there is one there flat rate discussion or meter on for NJ taxis?

It's a flat rate discussion.

Where are you staying pre cruise? Since you're on the Summit, I'm assuming you're sailing on a Sunday.

Staying in Newark city toting things up it looks roughly the same taxi v public transport. Taxi rank by hotel. Am I right in thinking that on street we are talking asking to use meter and not negotiating for a trip to cape liberty? Prefer not to give hotel details online.

Staying in Newark city toting things up it looks roughly the same taxi v public transport. Taxi rank by hotel. Am I right in thinking that on street we are talking asking to use meter and not negotiating for a trip to cape liberty? Prefer not to give hotel details online.

Please email me at cc138east@gmail.com. Newark is a highly urban industrialized area. I would like to feel comfortable that you have picked an appropriate Newark hotel, but understand why you don't want to post online. More details about your arrival plans (I.e. Flight to Newark airport) train, bus etc.) would be helpful. Will you have phone service to use Uber?

Newark is not a city where you flag cabs on the street unless you're at the train station taxi area. I want to feel comfortable that you are making appropriate choices for the Newark/Cape Liberty area and I can't do that without more details. I'm a frequent solo cruiser from Cape Liberty and I've made a point of trying hotels in Newark, NYC, and Jersey City as well as using public transit or park/sleep/cruise hotels.

Please email me at cc138east@gmail.com. Newark is a highly urban industrialized area. I would like to feel comfortable that you have picked an appropriate Newark hotel, but understand why you don't want to post online. More details about your arrival plans (I.e. Flight to Newark airport) train, bus etc.) would be helpful. Will you have phone service to use Uber?

Newark is not a city where you flag cabs on the street unless you're at the train station taxi area. I want to feel comfortable that you are making appropriate choices for the Newark/Cape Liberty area and I can't do that without more details. I'm a frequent solo cruiser from Cape Liberty and I've made a point of trying hotels in Newark, NYC, and Jersey City as well as using public transit or park/sleep/cruise hotels.

Hi we are walking distance of Penn Newark station. Price for public transport is roughly 30$ all in on a Sunday but taxi pricing seemed to be the same to port but still wondering if taxis use meter used from Newark Penn or again we negotiate? Thanks again

Edited by jerseylily

Jerseylily since you’re from Jersey I’m not sure why you’re asking about Jersey. One would think you’re familiar with Newark.

Hi...we are from the original Jersey ..the cows and fabric version...

I can tell you how our taxis work but not many Americans visit us only the odd one.

In fact I was v lucky to be the guide at a local historical attraction here last Sunday for the lovely American and Canadians from the Pacific Princess.

Hi we are walking distance of Penn Newark station. Price for public transport is roughly 30$ all in on a Sunday but taxi pricing seemed to be the same to port but still wondering if taxis use meter used from Newark Penn or again we negotiate? Thanks again

You would be going from Newark to Bayonne. A Newark taxi will quote you about $50-60 for that trip. Ask what the quote includes. Tolls may be extra. Our cab drivers expect a 18-20% tip on the base price. So if the cab driver quotes $50, the expected tip would be $8-10. It will not be a meter.

PATH to Exchange Place is $2.75/pp. Light rail to 34th St is $2.25 unless you're 62+. So that's $10 to Bayonne and another $10-15 into the port.

Hi...we are from the original Jersey ..the cows and fabric version...

I can tell you how our taxis work but not many Americans visit us only the odd one.

In fact I was v lucky to be the guide at a local historical attraction here last Sunday for the lovely American and Canadians from the Pacific Princess.

I too originally thought you were from NJ. You may be the originally Jersey but we are the "new" Jersey.:)