Getting the can of soda - Bottomless Bubbles

Has anyone been successful getting an entire can of soda when you had the Bottomless Bubbles package? I have pre-purchased this package for my kids for our cruise leaving Sunday. In the past, they have always been given soda in a glass. Just wondering if they can ask for an entire can to put in the fridge in their room?

The rule is the soft drink is served by the glass.

You may ask the bartender for the can (open or unopened)

If they give it to you as requested--bonus

If they decline, they are following the rules.

Hubby has had about every combination of results-can open, can sealed, filled large mug, only served in small glass/cup, flat soda, opened in front of him.

He found a bartender that was willing to give him the can. Visited him several time One visit he was served in the cup. Next visit the bartender apologized and said his boss was there and he had to be careful to follow the rules.

Not in anyway suggesting you are attempting, but one of the reasons they are not supposed to serve the can still sealed is to prevent sharing.

My 10 year old daughter has been successful in getting cans of soda un-opened using her bottomless bubbles card.

She would ask for a "cherry coke - hold the coke in a can". He would hand her over a glass full of cherries and a closed can of coke.

Granted, we befriended this bartender and tipped well. He would see us coming and start filling up a glass of cherries. :-)

Carnival used to include a relatively nice tumbler with the BB package. I understand they are still available -- for purchase. If you have the tumbler and the BB package, will they fill your tumbler? My kids are both going to have the BB package next week, though my son actually prefers water.....

Don't forget that everyone in your party (yes, kids too) can take a 12pk of soda on with them when you board and also purchase more 12pks in each port. That way you can have your cans in your room as needed.

Hmmmmm. I'll let the wife know. We'll have immediate access to our rooms, so she might go for it.

I just got off of the Conquest last week and had purchased bottomless bubbles. I never had any problems receiving a can when I asked for one. Several of the bartenders said that they had to open the can at the bar, but that was not a problem for me. The only reason I started asking for a can was because several bartenders gave me a can without me asking (especially if they are busy). But I did tip extra and went to the same couple bars so that might have made a difference.

I have a little trick that seem to work well. First, when they take the picture that is displayed anytime they swipe the sail & sign I usually make a very funny face. Then when someone new swipes my card on the ship for first the firm time will typically break out laughing when they see it. The goal here is to be remembered. I then find a bar, maybe two that is most convenient for me and get almost all my refills there. Every time I ask for a soda ill drink right there quickly and ask for a refill almost immediately after about the 4'th or 5'th visit I've have found that they will give me the can(but not always) especially if they are really busy.I will say they still pour it the first half of it in the glass though. It also help to be friendly to the workers, use their name when you talk to them and get to know them. Remember the crew are doing jobs that are very monotonous so just talking to them and being friendly can really brighten their day.

Don't forget that everyone in your party (yes, kids too) can take a 12pk of soda on with them when you board and also purchase more 12pks in each port. That way you can have your cans in your room as needed.

This. :)

4 bucks or so for a 12 pack for each on the way to the pier and we're good to go . . .

Has anyone been successful getting an entire can of soda when you had the Bottomless Bubbles package? I have pre-purchased this package for my kids for our cruise leaving Sunday. In the past, they have always been given soda in a glass. Just wondering if they can ask for an entire can to put in the fridge in their room?

It's by the glass.

They're required to give you soda in a glass. But on occasion if you request in a can they may offer it in the can .It's a pain trying to get soda at the lido bars, they wait on everyone else as you have been pegged as a soda card user. The staff /bartenders just avoid you.