King's Wharf Nightlife

koolcat65

Searching the threads it seems the most recent nightlife post I can find is from 2012. We sail Anthem of the Seas Sept 23rd and will be there overnight. Any recommendations of what to do that evening? How is the nightlife? Should we book one of the night cruises through RCL? Thanks in advance

Searching the threads it seems the most recent nightlife post I can find is from 2012. We sail Anthem of the Seas Sept 23rd and will be there overnight. Any recommendations of what to do that evening? How is the nightlife? Should we book one of the night cruises through RCL? Thanks in advance

The stores at the Dockyard close at 6 PM, I believe. They don't stay open in the evenings. The Frog and Onion will be open. I hear it is a pretty hoppin' place. There also has been a "Pirate Ship" tied up at the dock that is a bar and played pretty loud music when I was there last year. The Anthem will have things going on while docked too.

• 3 weeks later...

The Bonefish Grill has a hopping bar and live bands at night. The shops will be closed but stop by Frog and Onion which has live music and cricket on the telly.

Make sure to go to Hamilton at least one evening. Have spiny lobster at the Red Carpet. Walking around town is magically with everyone so polite and wishing you a "good evening". The last watertaxi leaves at 8:30 for the dockyards. The cabbies are very polite and helpful with island insights. 3499a9fa00baaec908e03dd78f2a4df7.jpgda4e16da9b3028b475befa449f3d6d99.jpg440b59609d37a4a60765c3edb7f256e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nightlife and Bermuda don't really go hand in hand- there's nothing that's particularly raucous. I'm sure someone's going to call me out for saying this but the Dockyard is very manufactured- a modern so so mall within the backdrop of a historic navy yard. Calling it theme park like would be giving it too much credit but does speak to how inauthentic it comes off.

There's a stretch of bars on Front Street in Hamilton and some pubs off of it that are a lot of fun- definitely a few more locals as they don't go out to the Dockyard. A little fancier but some great people watching is at the bar at the Hamilton Princess- fun mix of locals and out of town business types. Worth getting out of the dockyard though- it's basically an extension of the ship- go out and meet some Bermuda folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...