4/1/18 breeze

Madhatter12

I’m gonna be going on the breeze April 1 Out of Galveston Texas, I need to know if it’s best to fly in the day before and stay in Galveston or in Houston and then come to the port in the morning?

There will be five of us going, me and my two boys (8 and 10) and my parents we have connecting balcony rooms.Are we going to able to board at the same time or different times the room were booked together?

I need to know is there anywhere close to the port where I would be able to buy sodas to bring aboard the ship?

What is the best transportation from the airport to Galveston, to rent a car or use the shuttle service Book through carnival, or use something like lyft or Uber?

This will be my third cruise the other two were short cruises out of Long Beach on carnival.

It is about 70 miles from Intercontinental to Galveston and 40 miles from Houston Hobby to Galveston. Many use a limo service. Problem with renting a car is that there is only one or so rental agencies on the island where you can turn one in. Galveston has a walmart not too far from the port but you would need a taxi.

We always arrive the day before even when driving to Galveston. that way we can start our vacation relaxed and ready to go.

Definitely go the day before. I am on the breeze in 30 days! I got a hotel near Houston Hobby, will walk across the street to the convenience store to get pop. We will then go back to the airport on the day of the cruise and catch our shuttle to Galveston. That way was cheaper for two of us. Uber might be cheaper for 5 of you. You should be able to board at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the advice I think will come in the day before and lyft it.

Lyft has a service for bigger groups and the calculate the route it looks like it would be around $70 one-way.

It looks like it’s cheaper to stay around Hobby airport then go to Galveston get a hotel there.

Boarding depends on the zone card you are given, if you have the same zone you board at the same time. Make sure both cabins have the same check in time, arrive together, tell the person at the front of the line that asks you "how many are in your cabin?" the truth and you probably will. Example answer" 2 cabins, 3 in the first, 4 in the second"....

We fly into Houston Hobby the day before and stay in Houston that night, then catch the Carnival shuttle (or Galveston Express) to port the next morning. Highly recommend Comfort Suites Hobby airport or Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport South. Also, do yourself a favor and rent a car or grab an Uber and have a steak at Taste of Texas. Worth every penny.