Give me some reasons!

PQ

I've been a Celebrity cruiser for the last two years, with a Holland America cruise thrown in... I love them both...

I'm thinking of booking the Lirica... will I be happy?

(I even loved my Carnival cruise)

On a cruise what's not to love? My favorites on Celebrity has been the lectures, the martini bar and the ability to do as much or as little as you feel!

Convince me (not that I need much) and tell me what sets Msc apart.

and Thanks for all responses...

Well, first, that MCS isn't MSC?:rolleyes: (JK)

I've been on carnival, and I did NOT want another party cruise where I have to detour around puking teens and rambunctious adults. Don't get me wrong, there's a place for that, but I wanted something different, european and trying to impress. I figure that MSC is seriously trying to break into the American market with a different product, and being the newbies they are, it's in their best interest to impress. And I'll let you know, after my Feb. 26 cruise!

Ah, not much response! So heck with the reason, I'm brave, travelled both Europe and Asia, easy to please and have never met a vacation I didn't like!

Thanks to Czechmate... I'm going for it!

Booked it today and added it to the Roll calls....

Sorry its late but you wanted reasons to book, I know you have taken the plunge now but I would have said I booked because it was CHEAP and won't be as bad as some people claimed previous cruises were.

I am not American so I gather I should be OK as apparently from other posts on here my expectations will be lower.

Will let you know if there are any tips as I travel on Dec 27th on Lirica.

OH LORD! I done it this time!! Sure hope that you will have a great time - and I suspect that you might!!

Best wishes for a happy christmas and a great new year with at least one fantastic cruise!! Happy Cruisemas!!

I didn't book it for the price! (matter of fact my last two 14 day Celebrity were less expensive) I booked it for the unusually ports of call and the fact it was having jazz...

Czechmate, I love the Czech Republic... on our last trip we rented an apartment in Praha and spent some quality time just wandering the city. We also took the train to Pilsin and spent a great day there. You'll have to tell me where else I should visit. My husband and I used to host exchange students and our last two were sister from there.

I am going with a positive spirit and be very open to a new experience, after all my first 'cruise' was on a sailboat down the Nile....

I am British by birth but love the Czech Republic very much and am so happy here . If ever you plan to get this way again please make contact and see what we can arrange. There are so many lovely little towns all with their own interesting features and it would be a pleasure to show some of them to you. Have you got the e-mail address if you wished to write?

Spent last weekend in beautiful Prague all dressed up and glittering ready for Christmas. The city that is - not me!

In the meantime you enjoy every moment of that cruise you booked and especially your ports of call. Which cruise did you actually opt for in the end?

Realise you said about jazz but here in europe I can find no reference to any of the cruises having a "theme". Although read about them all on here.

You will most certainly have the opportunity to do as much or as little as you wish and there is plenty happening till the wee small hours. Sorry you will not find a martini bar - but lots of other choices - and heck on MSC you can buy a bottle each of gin and martini and make your own - as you like them - in the cabin - that way you can decide too shacken or stirred! All choices are yours!

Feliz Navidad and Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for the response, Czechmate. My first exchange student, Pavlina from the Czech Republic married a Britt expatriot so there must be alot of you expats there!Ten years ago we looked at buying a apartment in Prague and didn't do it and now we are still kicking ourselves!

Thanks for the offer! and we will be back (as soon as the exchange rate improves)

• 2 weeks later...

PQ: I noticed you're from St Louis MO.

If you are planning a winter Caribbean cruise it will be sunny, 80 degrees and the beaches and deck around the pool inviting. I think that's reason enough!

It won't be Crystal (but they don't try to be). Go with an open mind, chill, and enjoy!!

Marco,

I booked the Lirica for the jazz cruise leaving 3/20.... I live in St Louis MO, but I grew up in upstate NY... where are u?

I'm hoping for a wonderful time and I will go with a very open mind...

• 3 weeks later...

PQ,

I'm looking, too! I thought I was booked for early March but then tonight I found out it would conflict with my Millie. So now I'm looking at Feb. I just want to try a 7 nighter and see what I think. I mean, I'll be on a cruise - how bad can it be. If it's awful I'll just lay by the pool, drink the free wine at lunch, grab pizza and take to the room at night and read. What's bad about that?

Gail

Only saw free wine on MSC Lirica on the embarkation day by the pizza station on deck 11. I drank some and even after several it did not taste better.

Better to pay for the wine package, all very drinkable. 6 and a half bottles of wine and 7 bottles of water for 91 dollars US.

Its true you could buy the same in Walmart for 30 dollars but that isn't served to you on a cruise ship.

Tuggers,

Can't you manage the 3/20 cruise.. it has Maria Muldar... and other jazz combs... we'd love to cruise with you again.. and we can make lots of fun!

Mike,

do they have a package for the Lirica for the 10 d cruise?

PQ,

I'm leaving on 4/4 for a 26 day b2b2b on Horizon. Don't thinkI can quite make the 3/20, too! Would love to cruise with you again, too! And this time finish the cruise, LOL! I have decide to just do a 7 night try out on MSC. I'll be on the sea so how bad could it be?

I've got several things booked so maybe you'll cosider something I'm doing?

Gail

Mike,

Sounds great... really it sounds like fab deal... are they preselected or do you have choices? (like several diff reds etc) or even if I really like reds, could I just do reds...?

PQ -

Yes they are preselected, all different. there is a list they will show or give you, also one in your cabin probably, ours was printed on green paper.They also had a table set up at embarkation promoting it but many people did not see it.

If you speak nicely to your winewaiter/waitress you might get somewhere exchanging , I found them eager to please and helpful. You would run into problems exchanging the half bottle of sparkling though.

You might even find another table where they only want white and do a deal with them?

Archived