MSC Opera Excursions

lgdavies

There was an article about StCroix this week in the Orlando Sentinel to the effect that it had too high a crime rate for cruise ships to call at over the last several years with any degree of safety for passengers.

I have no personal experience of this, and have never been there, but the article said that the powers that be at St Croix are trying to attract back cruise ships and say they have implemented special measures to increase passenger safety.

Check out St Croix on these boards. We were there in Jan 03 (Celebrity Constellation) and were disappointed that we had not done research on these boards and perhaps booked a tour . We got off the ship and took a bus/taxi to the downtown area and walked around. Shopped around and went back to the ship. We had been told to be cautious but felt pretty safe as we stayed in the downtown area where other tourists were. I strongly recommend to do some research and book something. Have a great trip!! Jacqui

One of the couples we were supposed to cruise with on the Jan 15th cruise brought back all the written info for the week. Included was a flyer on the St. Croix excursions. There are several island tours ranging from $50 to $70 each. There is a golf tour for $220. West End Beach Party for $50. The ship comes into Fredricksted which is the west side of the island. Our friends said they just hung around where the ship came in and walked around. There was a fort in the area that they were able to tour and a little bit of shopping. I'm a little disappointed. We had chartered a sailboat out of Christiansted in the 80's and wanted to revisit that area and perhaps snorkel Buck Island. Maybe a cab is available for that....not sure. We are going on the 12th of Feb. The ship got overbooked for the other week and we got upgraded to a balcony from an inside because of it! Two of the couples went early and two of us are going in Feb. They really did enjoy the ship. Said the food was good (except for the grill on the top deck). The entertainment was great. Cabin was small but quite adequate. The service was really good. No real complaints. But it's all subjective. Just go and have fun! That's my motto.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Archived