Koningsdam Vista Suite Balcony

taxmantoo

The HAL website shows the "B" Vista Suite balconies on Deck 8 (Navigation Deck) of the Koningsdam as "uncovered".

Has anyone stayed in one of those or knows whether they are totally or partially uncovered?

I haven't been in one, but from my pictures of the outside of the ship they look largely uncovered. The deck plans show them bulging out past the Lido bulge. This is looking back from a tender:

bjagw9.jpg

Edited by jtl513

I haven't been in one, but from my pictures of the outside of the ship they look largely uncovered. The deck plans show them bulging out past the Lido bulge. This is looking back from a tender:

bjagw9.jpg

Thank you very much. Looks mostly uncovered but, unlike some Princess Mini-Suite balconies, there are no balconies above looking down on you.

• 3 months later...

I'm in one of these vista suites for an August 2018 vikings saga cruise in Norway. Wondered if anyone had an opinion of the good/bad of having uncovered balcony during that time? Rain, etc., or just general privacy. Seems like anyone above would really have to make an effort to look "down" on you.

Thanks in advance...doug

... or just general privacy. Seems like anyone above would really have to make an effort to look "down" on you.
I wouldn't worry about privacy, as I doubt much can be seen from the Lido and few people will be looking straight down over the railing on deck 10 --- but I wouldn't want one because I prefer a shady balcony.

--- but I wouldn't want one because I prefer a shady balcony.

Especially in Norway. It can rain there (a lot), but the scenery is so beautiful that it's a shame to go inside and miss seeing it. And breathing that fresh air.

A balcony that's covered is a fantastic solution when up that way.