Breeze appointment time delayed.

75Vette

Just got a notification from Carnival to add one hour to my arrival appointment time and come at the new time as they were expecting the disembarkation process from the previous cruise to run later than normal.

Based on my experience last month, get there at the original time you expected to arrive, and be prepared to wait. If you add the hour, no one else will and all the people who were supposed to board behind you will be in the line in front of you.

It was probably the one complaint I had about my cruise... the port people were not checking the boarding passes for checkin time before allowing people to check in. This was disappointing because apparently Galveston normally has it going on, when it comes to the staggered check in. It was a bit of a mess for us.

I had the same message on my 9/24 Breeze cruise. I disregarded it and checked in at my appointed time and got on the ship super fast. I probably waited a total of 15 minutes before they called my boarding group number. Last year on The Freedom we waited almost an hour for them to call our boarding group number so I was pleasantly surprised. I really think it has to do with them not giving you the S&S card at check in which was fine with me.

I was on 10/8 sailing with 11am check in & got email saying to come an hour later. We ignored the email and got there about 10:55am. We were let right into terminal and only waited about 40mins to board

They probably put you in the early/late row.

The reason this delay is done is that check in is so fast now with keys onboard that the upstairs part of the terminal fills up before they are ready to begin boarding. They only delay the before noon check ins,and they only do it on the breeze. Usually there are about 4800 passengers going on which means around 4800 getting off, which takes a little longer.

Fyi, noon is the worst time to come, that's when the delayed meets the non=delayed, meaning the original 1100 check ins that were delayed an hour arrive at the noon time that were not told to come in an hour later.

Just relax, you will get on the ship and have fun. If you come at 230, there will be no line........

No, they areare not expecting a fog delay and it only applies if you have a noon or before check in.

What time are you originally scheduled to check in? If you are priority you can ignore it.

Whatever the reason it doesn't seem to be port specific. I got the same email for Sunday, the Conquest out of Port Everglades. Sitting in the hotel lobby or sitting in the port, same difference. Once I have to leave our hotel room we will head to the port. Maybe I can get a late checkout.

We got this same email notification on the Breeze back in August. We had the 10:30-11:00 check in time and FTTF. I did delay arriving about 30 minutes later than I originally planned, good thing I didn't wait the full hour, as soon as we got through the ID check, they were calling the FTTF's to board. We literally only spent about 5 minutes in the terminal, that was awesome! I heard someone mention that the reason they ask people to delay by 1hr is because they want to give themselves a little extra time if necessary for customs to clear the ship after the previous cruise. Something about the cruises that visit Belize and smuggling pot on board. Don't know if this is true, but our parking shuttle driver did mention something about a guy who pulled a stunt like that a couple of years ago and customs had to search the ship room by room.

Same thing happened to us. We just went at normal time as we had FTTF and figured they were just trying to stagger arrivals (before assigned check in times). Unfortunately the cruise before ours was a special private cruise and it took them FOREVER to get off the boat. We literally sat in there and watched them disembark at a snails pace. Took so long vending machines were totally sold out. Got on around 1. At least we were there early enough to have a seat to wait in...silver lining.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Same thing happened to us. We just went at normal time as we had FTTF and figured they were just trying to stagger arrivals (before assigned check in times). Unfortunately the cruise before ours was a special private cruise and it took them FOREVER to get off the boat. We literally sat in there and watched them disembark at a snails pace. Took so long vending machines were totally sold out. Got on around 1. At least we were there early enough to have a seat to wait in...silver lining.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

That's horrible, it can happen though.