Juggling Dining Time with Evening Shows--Koningsdam

Luvsnorkeling

Can anyone tell me how long the average show in the theater lasts? And about how long the average music set lasts in the various music venues?

I've copied the times of the performances as best I could by viewing the Daily Navigators from others' sailings. If anyone is interested, here they are...

Shows in Theater: 7:15, 8:30 & 10

Lincoln Center Stage: 6:00, 7:15 $ 8:30

Billboard: 9:15, 10:30 & 11:45

BB King: 9:15, 10:15 & 11:15

Now if I can find out how long each lasts, MAYBE I can find time to have dinner (anytime dining). :-)

I was on Koningsdam in July -- great ship! The productions in the World Stage last about an hour -- get there a few minutes early because it FILLS UP quickly on the popular ones. Most of the venue music sets are about 45 minutes and the Koningsdam times them so you can walk from one to the other and listen to music all night long if you want too. Have a great time!!!!!!

I don't see the Ocean Bar listed for any entertainment. We have found that the cocktail hour prior to late dining is lacking since the dance music isn't offered on most of the ships now. We sincerely miss it!

So sad to hear this. Such a great place to meet up for "before dinner or even after dinner" drinks and nice music to dance to. I am booked on Konsingsdam in Jan and am having a hard time getting excited about doing a cruise on a ship that won't feel like a "HAL" ship. No Library, no promenade deck to sit and watch the ocean go by an no "Ocean bar". I know I am in the minority, but it is the way I feel.

So sad to hear this. Such a great place to meet up for "before dinner or even after dinner" drinks and nice music to dance to. I am booked on Konsingsdam in Jan and am having a hard time getting excited about doing a cruise on a ship that won't feel like a "HAL" ship. No Library, no promenade deck to sit and watch the ocean go by an no "Ocean bar". I know I am in the minority, but it is the way I feel.

The one thing we have missed the most on the K, as well as the ships that have been "upgraded" for entertainment venues, is dancing in the Ocean Bar. This doesn't mean we haven't enjoyed our cruises on all of the ships. It just means we feel a little lost at the cocktail hour prior to late dining and after dinner. The K is a lovely ship and feels very much like a HAL ship with a lot of additions. The new seating arrangements in the Lido area are wonderful and you won't need a cabana to relax. Have a great cruise!

Was on Oct 29th sailing and disappointed with ship's daily activities offerings and no sitting on promenade deck. In the evenings there is a show or different music offerings or maybe a movie. There is only one place to dance, Queens Lounge with B B King Allstars who is a jazz band. It is very hard to dance to jazz music, where is the party band?

Ocean Bar was empty after 8:15 every night. Have been on over 28 cruises and this is the only one we went back to our cabin in between dinner and evening activity and had to force ourselves back out in hopes of getting whatever dancing in if possible. There were no dance classes or craft classes on sea days. The ship is beautiful and service is very good but it's going to be awhile before we sail with HAL again.

Was on Oct 29th sailing and disappointed with ship's daily activities offerings and no sitting on promenade deck. In the evenings there is a show or different music offerings or maybe a movie. There is only one place to dance, Queens Lounge with B B King Allstars who is a jazz band. It is very hard to dance to jazz music, where is the party band?

Ocean Bar was empty after 8:15 every night. Have been on over 28 cruises and this is the only one we went back to our cabin in between dinner and evening activity and had to force ourselves back out in hopes of getting whatever dancing in if possible. There were no dance classes or craft classes on sea days. The ship is beautiful and service is very good but it's going to be awhile before we sail with HAL again.

If you want lots of dancing, take a look at the QM2. They have the largest dance floor on the high seas and cater to the big band era...and dancers.