Stewards of Nature experiences

Babametcha

I will be taking my daughters (14 and 17) on a the 7 day 12/22 Society Islands cruise. It has long been my dream vacation and luckily my 17 year old picked "beaches and islands" as the destination for her senior trip. Once school starts next week I can start my serious planning!

My TA has recommended the Stewards of Nature program for my daughters. My question to you very helpful and informative folks is this: do you think the Stewards of Nature program would be "acceptable" to an almost 18 year old? I know my younger one will love meeting other kids (and I assume there will be more than usual given the time of year) but not sure my older teen will enjoy it if it is too geared toward a younger crowd. My thinking is that it is relatively inexpensive ($349) compared to the cost of the whole trip so I should keep her enrolled and she can pick and choose and I'm not going to sweat it if she doesn't want to participate in much of it. I see her as young for her age (e.g., will regularly play with her sister, not dating (although last year, my retirement gift to myself was a Regent Med cruise and she came back with more pictures of the attractive crew members than of the scenery!).

I think I've talked myself into keeping them both enrolled (!) but if anyone has had their kids in the program I'd love to hear about it. Thanks so much!

We were on the ship last month. While we did not have any kids of our own the stewards of nature program did happen but there were only about 4 kids in the program that we could see. I would estimate that the oldest was about 12. Your 17 year old may be too old for the group. I think she would have a spectacular time with you on various excursions.

We were on the ship last month. While we did not have any kids of our own the stewards of nature program did happen but there were only about 4 kids in the program that we could see. I would estimate that the oldest was about 12. Your 17 year old may be too old for the group. I think she would have a spectacular time with you on various excursions.

We were on the same cruise with Flight Medic, and I agree, your 17 year old would probably enjoy excursions with you. The program looked great for younger kids though, and one of the families we met, had their son enrolled. He seemed to enjoy it but also enjoyed excursions with the whole family.

p.s. Hi Flight Medic!!...We miss 4:00 pm tea time with you! ;) Lisa and Drew

This really comes down to your daughters individual preferences.

Your 14 year old is more likely to enjoy some days with you and her sister and there may be days that she would enjoy going with the group of kids. If there are others about her age it may influence how she feels.

At 14 she is old enough to go on regular excursions and she probably would enjoy many.

Your 17 year old will be influenced by the age of the others in the group but she may very well enjoy hanging with mom. Don't discount that possibility and if she does want to hang with you enjoy that special time as she will be out of the house soon enough.

I would let your daughters give you some feedback ;)