Disembarking Majesty in Tampa

We are disembarking from the Majesty in Tampa for a 12:20 pm flight out of Tampa Int'l. Debating if we should self walk off at 7 am. I will have my 83 y.o. DM w/me. I think I can pretty well manage our 2 suitcases. We will be on deck 9. What deck do we get off of? Are the lines incredible crazy at 7 am?

It also looks like one can go to the front desk a day prior to debarkation and ask for early debarking due to early flight.

Which may be the better option, self walk off or the standard process?

Thank you!

I think you should be fine with the standard disembarkation, as long as you have luggage tags no later than 9am. You get off on deck 4, same deck as Guest Services.

Deck 9 will be one of the first groups off the ship. You have plenty of time to make your flight and I will tell yo not to rush. We made it from deck 9 to our flight gate in under 1 hour with carrying our own luggage off.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the 4 night yesterday. We had a 12:02 flight. We did walk off with deck 9 and we were on deck 3. They gave us tags that would have been too late. They are very flexible. There was also a shuttle to the airport as soon as you step out of the terminal ( I was concerned that I would be fighting for a taxi). It cost 21.00 for two. Were off the ship and through customs by 8:15 and made to airport in plenty time.

Opposite question for Majesty in Tampa - what's the latest I can disembark (and which disembarkation do I need to choose to make that happen)?

Nothing to choose, just get off the ship when they make last call. Probably around 9:30-10am.

Nothing to choose, just get off the ship when they make last call. Probably around 9:30-10am.

I would say its worth going to guest services and asking for the last luggage tag time available so your bags aren't sitting out in the terminal for an extra hour before you get there increasing the odds that someone else grabs one by mistake. I saw that happen in Port Everglades.

• 1 month later...
If I remember correctly they also have a special porter line through customs. If you want to pay a porter to take you and your stuff through customs then you can get through a lot faster.

Just off the Majesty of the Seas, July 23 sailing. On our voyage, we went through immigration before collecting our luggage. We had a porter, but he brought us right to the curb with no stops. Very different from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - it was a breeze!

Not sure what time of the year your cruise is... but we were stuck out to sea due to the fog with three other ships. Did not pull into port until 11. Sooooo many people missed their flights, as disembarking did not begin until 12. From what I understand, this is common certain times of the year. I would definitely do the self disembark.