Cruise director Willie Aames

Cruiser Jane

Without a doubt, Willie Aames is the most memorable cruise director I have ever had the pleasure of sailing with. Willie was "Everywhere" from greeting on the gangway, to singing in the entertainment venue, to ....well just everywhere. He is a bundle of energy, perhaps that is why you may read a few negative comments about him. He has had a tough life before his current occupation, you may want to read about him on the web.

Cheers CANDYAPPLE

We hope we see you on one of the three cruises we are booking for next year!...Actually I think four.

Carol,

Have you completely given up Crystal? Oops, I just saw the answer on their thread. Never mind.

Edited by digtexas

• 2 weeks later...

We met Willie when he was living in the Midwest. We were at a restaurant one evening and Willie was there dining with a friend of mine. This was years ago ... probably fifteen or so. We chatted with Willie a bit. Found him to be very gracious. We named one of our children after a character on Eight is Enough. lol Willie seemed like such a nice guy. Glad to hear he's doing well.

Maybe our path will cross again since we're looking at Oceania for our next cruise. It will be our first on Oceania. I've spent the better part of a week reading posts. Lots and lots of great information posted here on CC.

Edited by twinkletoes4445

As far as cruise directors, in my lifetime only Willie and Ray Solaire on Regent were memorable. Willie lived on Balboa Island which is part of Newport Beach, CA. I sincerely hope we see him again soon. We are loyal to two cruise lines and itinerary means EVERYTHING, but don't we all wish we could pick who was a cruise director! Willie! Where are you

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...