$50.00 birthday cabin credit

RJB

I will say this once again

If it is sold as a GRAND VOYAGE you cannot book it as B2B

You will get 2 cruise credits for cruises 25 to 34 days

You get 1 AIR credit for the GV but if you do book a B2B you will get the 2 AIR credits

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceaniaclublogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2foceaniaclub%2fdefault.aspx

Other FAQ's can be found @

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Just use the pull down menu to find what you are looking for

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

I think there may be confusion between OBC and cruise credit in discussion. You get just one OBC credit for the Oceania loyalty program no matter how long the cruise is. If it is a true B2B then you'd get 2 OBCs - one for each cruise. Unfortunately, doesn't work if it's a grand voyage. At least you now get credits based on length of cruise - I remember when that wasn't the case.

I agree. Lets get back on topic. Start a new thread if you still need to talk about other topics.

My apologies for hijacking this thread :o, still very new to cruising :)

My sincere thanks to those that so thoughtfully posted giving some very welcome information!!

Now back to the originally scheduled discussion:D

cruise credits - which go towards the Oceania Club loyalty benefits

Air credits- if you choose not to take the included air (free air) you get a certain amount deducted from the cruise fare listed

OBC- a monetary amount which is for use for purchases on the ship -

depending on where they come from some are refundable but most are non refundable

Check with your TA or Oceania for clarification

Lyn

My sincere thanks to those that so thoughtfully posted giving some very welcome information!!

Please feel free to ask questions and I think that you will receive the answers that you are looking for....there are many members here that will help you! LuAnn

No problem. I think the original topic is played out anyway. We seem to have the answer and I don't think there is anything else to discuss. Thank you all for your posts. Richie :):)

• 4 months later...
there was a thread last year stating the Birthday OBC was a one time gift & will be no longer available

Makes sense -- Betsy and I each got it once, not in the same year, and never again. Sometimes a card, but not every year.

As for the OBC credit, one per cruise is for sure -- we'll be getting 15 cruise credits for the World Cruise, but only one OBC -- $400 -- to last the entire 180 days. We know that going in, so no disappointment -- if it made a difference, we wouldn't have booked the WC.

Makes sense -- Betsy and I each got it once, not in the same year, and never again. Sometimes a card, but not every year.

As for the OBC credit, one per cruise is for sure -- we'll be getting 15 cruise credits for the World Cruise, but only one OBC -- $400 -- to last the entire 180 days. We know that going in, so no disappointment -- if it made a difference, we wouldn't have booked the WC.

Slow day Don :D

Last post was Sept 2013

An on board dollar credit is really only $0.33 so a $200 credit only costs then company $66.00

For the most part the cruise lines, have gotten on board the perks/credits band wagon a little late.

The Airlines kicked it off in the 80's and are steadily shrinking. However even today they are the only profitable game to play.(That is if you know the game well) . I only play in that arena..and so far am well ahead of the game.

I have not seen a single cruise program worth zip to me in terms of return on investment.

• 4 months later...

I had a birthday recently and received (automated) birthday cards from

HAL (last cruise many years ago)

Princess

United cruises (never cruised with them yet - only coming up)

Vigin Atlantic (Flew Virgin domestic once)

Turkish (a couple flights in the past)

FlyerTalk

and CruiseCritic

but nothing from O - a company I used more often than all of the above combined.

Not a big deal, but still...... :(

Edited by Paulchili

Had my birthday today and got some ecards from 2 hotels (not major ones) and Southwest (sweepstake entry) and cruise critic ($20 off logo merchandise REALLY? ) and my new state legislator who got gerrymandered in last month. Somehow I am not feeling the love too much but then I don't get excited when my broker and insurance agent send me wishes either. I would get excited over $50 bucks though! Maybe it will come in the same mail that my kid's birthday cards come in -- just kidding the cards are in the mail!

Had my birthday today and got some ecards from 2 hotels (not major ones) and Southwest (sweepstake entry) and cruise critic ($20 off logo merchandise REALLY? ) and my new state legislator who got gerrymandered in last month. Somehow I am not feeling the love too much but then I don't get excited when my broker and insurance agent send me wishes either. I would get excited over $50 bucks though! Maybe it will come in the same mail that my kid's birthday cards come in -- just kidding the cards are in the mail!

Could be that they are saving up to broadcast the World Cup soccer in 4 years. They seem to take away more than they give. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had a birthday recently and received (automated) birthday cards from

HAL (last cruise many years ago)

Princess

United cruises (never cruised with them yet - only coming up)

Vigin Atlantic (Flew Virgin domestic once)

Turkish (a couple flights in the past)

FlyerTalk

and CruiseCritic

but nothing from O - a company I used more often than all of the above combined.

Not a big deal, but still...... :(

From those of us who have been fortunate to have sailed with you and Marsha, very happy and healthy belated birthday wishes :D :D :D