Insignia Post Fire Location and Movement

dwgreenlee

As of 1100 UTC, 0700 EST, 1500 Local, Insignia was still in-port Salalah but shows Colombo (Sri Lanka) as destination ETA 03/16/2015 at 1230 UTC.

Colombo is 3 days, 17 hours from Salalah at 18 knots, so she should get underway in a couple of hours (the fact that the destination on her AIS changed from Salalah to Columbo around 0500 EDT, which means the navigator updated the passage plan, means they are close to getting underway).

Insignia is now docked in Colombo. AIS is reporting destination Singapore ETA 01:00 UTC March 21, 2015.

Docked around 0600-0700 EDT (1630-1730 LT)(gotta love Sri Lanka being +5.5 hours). Singapore is +8, so at 18 knots, she needs to leave at noon LT tomorrow to make that 0900 LT arrival.

Docked around 0600-0700 EDT (1630-1730 LT)(gotta love Sri Lanka being +5.5 hours). Singapore is +8, so at 18 knots, she needs to leave at noon LT tomorrow to make that 0900 LT arrival.

Makes sense. Some crew were reporting joining her on 3/17 (4:40 Local 3/17/15 now). She does not pick up passengers till 3/22 so it looks like they intend to get to Singapore a day early. Do you know if Singapore does port state inspections?

Makes sense. Some crew were reporting joining her on 3/17 (4:40 Local 3/17/15 now). She does not pick up passengers till 3/22 so it looks like they intend to get to Singapore a day early. Do you know if Singapore does port state inspections?

They can, but just like the USCG, which "plans" on inspecting every cruise ship twice a year, but realistically gets to less than every ship once a year due to budget constraints, given the number of ships that call at Singapore, there's no way to know whether Insignia would be inspected. Perhaps because of the fire and fatalities they may be a priority.

Yesterday we received an offer to trade in our schedule Lima-NY cruise on Marina leaving April 21st for a longer cruise. There was one on Nautica and the others were all for segments on the world cruise. It was a good offer but far too late for us to take Oceania up on them.

So I'm guessing a lot of people cancelled when they couldn't do the whole thing. Plus, they are overbooked on OUR cruise.

Mura

Insignia is off Port Dickson, Malaysia, as of 0700 EDT, so she should ETA Singapore around 1600 (4pm) EDT or 0400 LT 3/21 Singapore.

We're in the Swissotel, overlooking the terminal, so will see her arrive. The only other ship overnight is an Azamara.

We're in the Swissotel, overlooking the terminal, so will see her arrive. The only other ship overnight is an Azamara.

Little off on my ETA, but I saw she was going less than 18knots in the Malacca straits (lots of traffic). She appears to be 30km from the terminal, doing 13knots. Looks like she has done fine getting here, so I think all will be well for the upcoming cruise. I will be signing off here.

Does anyone know where Insignia is departing from?

We saw her on AIS coming into Singapore and expected her to moor at the Marina bay terminal - but she's off to the West at Keppel!

We don't have any documentation (last minute booking) and the Miami office is closed.

There are the Azamara and a Celebrity at the Marina terminal - perhaps Insignia is moving over later?

According to my documents, Insignia should be at Singapore Cruise Centre Berth No. Cc02, but it does say that location within the terminal could change.

I saw the celebrity ship and some others from the walkway at the Gardens by the Bay today but haven't done a recce on Insignia.

Does anyone know where Insignia is departing from?

We saw her on AIS coming into Singapore and expected her to moor at the Marina bay terminal - but she's off to the West at Keppel!

We don't have any documentation (last minute booking) and the Miami office is closed.

There are the Azamara and a Celebrity at the Marina terminal - perhaps Insignia is moving over later?

Insignia is not listed on the Marina Bay terminal schedule, and the Azamara Quest and Celebrity Century are scheduled to leave the evening of the 22nd.

Insignia is docked at the Harborfront Cruise and Ferry Terminal, part of the Singapore Cruise Center. The name is the International Passenger Terminal.

Hope this helps.