Where to report about a porcelain chip in my oatmeal (Holland America's Noordam)?

huiharry

Can anyone tell me which government authority should i direct a complaint about a chipped porcelain in my oatmeal served on Holland America’s Noordam, while she’s entering the port of Picton, New Zealand? If i had not spat it out (along with sliced almond) in time, that would have broken a tooth!

I met with some managers twice while on the ship. They offered me a meal in their specialty restaurant. I declined, and requested the same amount of money be given to a charity. But they said that that’s not their company policy. I asked for a written explanation, which they said could only be given from their head office. They said it would take ten days. Now ten days have now passed, and i have yet to hear from them.

This incident should not be covered up and forgotten. Some government authority should ensure that no future Holland America passenger would get hurt.

The company has its head office in the US, but the incident occurred in New Zealand. Which jurisdiction is in charge?

• 2 weeks later...
Good grief get over it. You are letting this rent to much space in your head.
This made me laugh! When I read the OP, I actually thought the person was posting as a joke to intentionally make fun of us here (on CC) with our first-world problems. It didn't actually occur to me that someone would express themselves like that -- kind of like when you see a a scam-artist composing an email about how they need your help to get their inheritance money from some bank in Nigeria. :') If this is a real person, with a genuine problem, I am even more amused. Wait... can I be banned for saying that? :confused:

Sorry OP (that's Original Poster) there are hundreds of first time posters who come on Cruise Critic with some kind of "horror" that happened to them on their first cruise, looking for the "act of God president" who can right the wrong that has been done to you. Nothing can be done here. The time to take care of an issue if right then and there. Once you have left the ship, well, you are pretty much in deep water. Just be prepared for some "jokes" about your situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Good grief get over it. You are letting this rent to much space in your head. You are fine nothing happened no one did this intentionally to you.

Get out of your conspiracy world and instead enjoy life.

Here Here! Get over yourself (OP).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to my father in law last week on Carnival, a chip of porcelain in his side dish. He discreetly let the waiter know who shared with the woman at the host desk. My FIL wasn’t hurt and just wanted to give a heads up but they were really impressed with how everyone handled it. Guest services called a couple of times to be sure he didn’t need medical attention and they even sent a plate of chocolate covered strawberries as an apology. He never considered asking for anything or taking legal action. It was an accident and handled appropriately.

Can anyone tell me which government authority should i direct a complaint about a chipped porcelain in my oatmeal served on Holland America’s Noordam, while she’s entering the port of Picton, New Zealand? If i had not spat it out (along with sliced almond) in time, that would have broken a tooth!

I met with some managers twice while on the ship. They offered me a meal in their specialty restaurant. I declined, and requested the same amount of money be given to a charity. But they said that that’s not their company policy. I asked for a written explanation, which they said could only be given from their head office. They said it would take ten days. Now ten days have now passed, and i have yet to hear from them.

This incident should not be covered up and forgotten. Some government authority should ensure that no future Holland America passenger would get hurt.

The company has its head office in the US, but the incident occurred in New Zealand. Which jurisdiction is in charge?

maybe the UN could deal with it the next time the security council meets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This happened to my father in law last week on Carnival, a chip of porcelain in his side dish. He discreetly let the waiter know who shared with the woman at the host desk. My FIL wasn’t hurt and just wanted to give a heads up but they were really impressed with how everyone handled it. Guest services called a couple of times to be sure he didn’t need medical attention and they even sent a plate of chocolate covered strawberries as an apology. He never considered asking for anything or taking legal action. It was an accident and handled appropriately.

THAT is the classy way to handle such a situation.

ok get real. you are ok.

i have found a chipped tea cup and i reported it. as long as you did not get injured you are ok be happy.

you should have take a complimentary meal you are barking up a tree

get a life and go live in a bubble

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...