Obstructed Balcony

Idratherbeatsea

Yes and with good results! Some rooms on some ships have no obstruction. Mid ship rooms are our favorite.

Pictures of these rooms are shown on a site called

Obstructed view rooms by Renmar. Choose the ship first, the check out the obstructed view rooms before you book.;)

Yes I have had these cabins and found them to be not a problem. But not a 100% view, some of them your view is a lifeboat. It is not a good choice if you only want balcony cabins. I believe these cabins are best taken to upgrade yourself if you do not want to pay the full price of balcony cabin. My time in them was upgrading from inside cabin, so any view was a bonus.

Yes I have had these cabins and found them to be not a problem. But not a 100% view, some of them your view is a lifeboat. It is not a good choice if you only want balcony cabins. I believe these cabins are best taken to upgrade yourself if you do not want to pay the full price of balcony cabin. My time in them was upgrading from inside cabin, so any view was a bonus.

When you were upgraded, did the room change in your booking at some point before the cruise?

When you were upgraded, did the room change in your booking at some point before the cruise?

I did the upgrade. I was on the Princess Website about a month before the cruise and saw some cabins had opened up. After being fully booked 6 months before. So I called Princess and asked for a upgrade, it cost me about $100 dollars more in total. We well worth the extra money. But upgrade was done very close to the cruise. All my cruises I always look at them even after booking to see if I can improve the deal I have.

anyone ever had a balcony with an obstructed view? Didn't even know they existed.

Obstructed view balcony cabins are only on Royal Class ships. The obstruction can be steel instead of glass railing and/or no direct sight line downward. Views out to sea are not obstructed. Some obstructed view balcony cabins have larger balconies, are popular and quickly sell out.

I did the upgrade. I was on the Princess Website about a month before the cruise and saw some cabins had opened up. After being fully booked 6 months before. So I called Princess and asked for a upgrade, it cost me about $100 dollars more in total. We well worth the extra money. But upgrade was done very close to the cruise. All my cruises I always look at them even after booking to see if I can improve the deal I have.

Hey Expat Cruise:

Is there access on the Princess website to see which cabins have been booked? I wasn't aware that was possible. If so, would you be so kind as to share the access details with me?

Thanks,

Tom

Obstructed view balcony cabins are only on Royal Class ships. The obstruction can be steel instead of glass railing and/or no direct sight line downward. Views out to sea are not obstructed. Some obstructed view balcony cabins have larger balconies, are popular and quickly sell out.

Not only Royal class ship, we've had them on the Coral and Island, just saying.

Hey Expat Cruise:

Is there access on the Princess website to see which cabins have been booked? I wasn't aware that was possible. If so, would you be so kind as to share the access details with me?

Thanks,

Tom

Yes just go to the website, you can be logged in or not really doesn't matter and do a booking search. It will show you the open cabins, but it shows by desks and cabin type. You made need to do more than one booking. To get all the information. But if you are in the booking and at the deck plans, you can put the cursor on any cabin and it will say if sold or open.

anyone ever had a balcony with an obstructed view? Didn't even know they existed.
We had one on the Royal last December.

28085371277_e6bc1e83d8_k.jpg

41144114820_fd16ef5a94_k.jpg

Cabin E529 Great location in case of a large iceberg

Howard

I am seeing obstructed balcony cabins on Island Princess

Yes just go to the website, you can be logged in or not really doesn't matter and do a booking search. It will show you the open cabins, but it shows by desks and cabin type. You made need to do more than one booking. To get all the information. But if you are in the booking and at the deck plans, you can put the cursor on any cabin and it will say if sold or open.

Thanks Expat Cruise. You clarified it for me and I appreciate it. Hope you have good cruisin'.

Tom