Falmouth or Cozumel for Dolphin Swim

HI

Taking grandkids girl 10 and boy 7 on 29th July Western Caribbean. They want to swim with the dolphins.

Questions is Falmouth or Cozumel better for dolphins swim. Should we join the RCL excursions or private excursions. If private, can anyone recommend any tour company. Thank you

Do not torture those dolphins for the fun of your grandchildren! :mad::loudcry::eek:

Teach them how cruel it is to keep these beautiful animals in such hostile surroundings having tourists torture them every day until they finally die at a much too young age after all the harm they had to endure! :loudcry:

Cozumel has two facilities, but the one at Chankanaab is very good. If you book through the ship you get transportation or take a cab for about $20 each way with tip. Check prices online. Note that booking direct includes admission to the national park and you can stay as long as you want. Doesn't include zip lines. Photos are expensive and they will push them. While I can't read a dolphin's mind, they seemed to enjoy interacting with people.

We have done the one in Chankanaab and it seemed to be as well run as these things can be. The animals seemed happy & healthy (from a visible standpoint) and the staff were very, very specific about how and when to interact with them.

There is a moral choice to make and you'll get plenty of comments one way or the other (as you've already seen in this thread) but that's up to you.

I can say that I haven't seen or been to the one in Falmouth, but Cozumel was clean and gave the impression that it was well-run. There was an autistic teenager there when we there and the staff even went out of their way to make sure with the family that she wasn't going to flip out on the dolphins. They were kind to the family, but firmly wanted to make sure the daughter wasn't going to have a bad reaction to the animals and possible hit them or the like. I thought that was impressive.

(ignoring the moral opinions posted thus far)

I can't speak to the Cozumel experience, but on our last cruise we did the Dunns River Falls + Dolphins excursion through RCCL. It certainly wasn't cheap, but I had done well at the blackjack table on the first night, so I figured I'd treat my family.

It was amazing.

If you've never climbed the Falls, take a look at that option, and capture two fantastic, unique experiences in one day!

dd did the one at Chankanaab a few years back. Booked online at 1/2 the price Royal charged. Price included admission to the state park for her, a savings of $21. The park has a number of other attractions+ swimming + places to eat. Short taxi ride wasn't expensive. Ended up spending most of the day.

We have done the chankanaub Cozumel experience and would recommend it. We booked thru the cruise-line but if I was going it again I would book direct for more flexibility and a smaller group.

This facility is fully integrated into the ocean side and not a man made pool area. They also have manatees and the park is an enjoyable place to spend the day (beach, pool, sea lions, Aztec mock ruins, cultural shows etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your all the feedbacks and informations.

There other Dolphin option in Cozumel Is Dolphinaris

I have been to this place at least three times. both as a participant and as an observer when taking friends.

It used to be offered through royal.. now they seem to only offer Chakanub.

It's very easy to book on the Donphanaris website... but remember there is a time difference in cozumel

so ship time and cozumel time is not the same.

The thing I liked about this place is that it is pretty much 1/2 way between the ship and the downtown shopping area. so it's super easy to take a cab downtown for lunch or shopping before or after as opposed to being an hour in the opposite direction. I just personally have found it a better way to enjoy more of cozumel. It was also way cheaper then the ship when I booked direct.

Just check out the website. The other place I am told is beautiful, but I have always enjoyed Dolphinaris.