What's the best thing you've eaten on an NCL cruise?

jeepers13

Lunch - Cajun grouper sandwich (served with caramelized onions and spicy dill mayo on a pretzel roll). So GOOD!

Dinner - Argentinian skirt steak with chimichurri...mmmmm.

O'Sheehan's - Thai Chile Wings (if I'm on the Sun, then the regular wings from the Sports Bar).

Specialty - FILET DE PORC AU ROMARIN in the Le Bistro (not sure if it's still offered, but it was good).

All on the Pearl:

La Cucina's calamari appetizer, best we've had anywhere.

The shrimp cocktail in Cagney's... a-mazing!

And Jeepers13, I had a steak to match yours!

The banana cream pie (can't remember if it was Cagney's or Moderno)

Fianlly, a cake, which was a special, special surprise arranged by our suite butler for our 25th wedding anniversary. Despite Norwegian's general lackluster performance in the dessert category, this was really, really good!

I wasn't having any luck embedding individual photos, but this is the album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cv6utLNfCiWaQLv1A

All on the Pearl:

La Cucina's calamari appetizer, best we've had anywhere.

The shrimp cocktail in Cagney's... a-mazing!

And Jeepers13, I had a steak to match yours!

The banana cream pie (can't remember if it was Cagney's or Moderno)

Fianlly, a cake, which was a special, special surprise arranged by our suite butler for our 25th wedding anniversary. Despite Norwegian's general lackluster performance in the dessert category, this was really, really good!

I wasn't having any luck embedding individual photos, but this is the album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cv6utLNfCiWaQLv1A

Oh man, that banana cream pie...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Garden Cafe: Bread pudding

MDR; Scallops

Moderno: Lamb (almost tied with the buffet there)

Teppanyaki: Beef/shrimp special whose name escapes me

Le Bistro: Escargot

Cagneys: 8 oz filet rare

Cagneys (suite lunch): Carrot cake

Lunch - Cajun grouper sandwich (served with caramelized onions and spicy dill mayo on a pretzel roll). So GOOD!

Dinner - Argentinian skirt steak with chimichurri...mmmmm.

O'Sheehan's - Thai Chile Wings (if I'm on the Sun, then the regular wings from the Sports Bar).

Specialty - FILET DE PORC AU ROMARIN in the Le Bistro (not sure if it's still offered, but it was good).

I would agree on that grouper sandwich...I could’ve eaten that every day lol!

Indian food at the EPIC buffet. While I was grazing there one afternoon I talked to one of the chefs who was an Indian gent. We started talking about my love of curry and he told me to sit down and he would get me the Vindaloo that I told him I loved. Bless that man.

BEST. MEAL. EVER. on NCL. Oh, and by the way the bread was fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cagneys - Veal Chop

Le Bistro - Moules Poulette Au Pernod ( Steamed Mussels in Pernod Cream Sauce, they were AWESOME)

MDR - Swordfish

Modernos - Lamb & the salad bar is great

Teppanyakis - Sea Scallops & Jumbo Shrimp

O'Sheehans - Salmon Ceasar Salad, Next time I will eat this for lunch everyday (need I say more :D)

Modernos: salad bar, cheese biscuits and yes, the lamb

Le Bistro; used to love the escargot but now I am a fool for the mussels

Cagney's any of their steaks

O'Sheehan's: wings or fish and chips. But sometimes they are better than other times

These are just a few of my favorites. There are a lot of others, but they don't come to mind right now.

Wild Mushroom Ravioli - Haven

Many Cagney's steaks. I especially loved their steak seasoning prior to the Cagney's change several years ago. The beef quality is still very good but I miss that subtle seasoning they had on their steaks. Anyone agree or know what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

crepes from the buffet at night (I have skipped specialty dinner desserts to go get crepes instead!)

I suspect these are going away. On Bliss, no crepe station on the buffet. But guess what? You can buy crepes downstairs in the new "CoCos" place. Damn NCL!

my wife loved the lasagna at La Cucina on Escape, thought it was in running for best ever. I had a bite and agreed it was quite good.

I liked teppanyaki very much, thought it compared nicely with land based hibachi we've had.

wife doesn't do fish and loved the fish n chips at O'sheehans. had it 2-3× in a week.

oddly, best thing I recall on ncl was from buffet. some beefy, saucy thing that I placed on top of rice. tender, moist, delicious. wish I could remember what it was!

my wife loved the lasagna at La Cucina on Escape, thought it was in running for best ever. I had a bite and agreed it was quite good.

I liked teppanyaki very much, thought it compared nicely with land based hibachi we've had.

wife doesn't do fish and loved the fish n chips at O'sheehans. had it 2-3× in a week.

oddly, best thing I recall on ncl was from buffet. some beefy, saucy thing that I placed on top of rice. tender, moist, delicious. wish I could remember what it was!

I also liked that beef saucy dish. I think it was beef bourguignon

lamb chops, moderno. lamb chops, lebistro. filet, cagneys. oreo cheesecake, cagneys. curry chicken, buffet. smoked salmon frittata, haven breakfast. chicken fingers from room service. hot dog, o'sheehans. spaghetti carbonara, MDR.