FYI, New Promo

firecrewcapt

Nothing is free. Lots of packages of benefits means an increased price for the buyer to help defray those costs. They aren't giving away anything untimately.

As myself and others have stated the price for this promo is exactly the same as the price I had booked with a different agency which is also exactly the same as what is showing on the Princess website. I booked this cruise the same week it was released from Princess. So in reality I am getting all those perks for free since the price is exactly the same as when the sailing was originally released for booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always look at the price per day to decide if it's a good deal or not. On my TA cruise next year, Princess raised the prices, so the Landmark sale (that I was already booked under) was a better deal. I just kept my inside cabin and we will buy our drinks one at a time.

On my 19-day Panama Canal cruise in 2020, the price per person, per day, for a balcony room (excluding port taxes) is $173. 61. I could book an inside cabin for $121.00, but I would need to pay for the gratuities and drinks myself, a difference of $52.61 per day. If you subtract $13.50 for the gratuities, you are left with $39.11. But wait, there's more! I'm getting extra shipboard credit from the TA and extra FCC credits for booking a balcony, totaling $100.00. I subtract another $5.26 from the $39.11, equaling $33.85. This is the actual price of my drink package, a little under half of what I would pay to buy it myself.

To sum it up, I need to drink at least $33.85 in beverages, per day, to make this a deal for me. I'm pretty sure sure I can do that. ;) Hope this make sense to everyone.

The vast majority of the bookings through this company are online/order tackers. There are some agents with this company but most are done through the website. When there is a problem, this is not the type of company I would want to deal with. I don't even book hotel or air from this company.

From what people have posted, they are being charged full price for the cruise. I would get a better deal dealing with my agent who gives me 10% off plus Sip and Sail when that starts. The 10% will more than make up for free gratuities. Plus I get service from an agent who will go to bat for me if there are problems.

I'm sorry you had (or know someone who had) a poor experience but what you are posting is not entirely true. Part of the company has many full agents with brick and mortar locations (specifically the part that deals with cruising) and even if you book online a real live person gets back to you.... I know this because I use them, and years ago I was part of their team...

That being said, not all agents are created equally - at any agency, and I do completely understand if you have a travel agent you like working with I understand wanting to work with them even exclusively. I feel just as passionate about the people |I use to help me book my travel plans (both cruises and land vacations - same person)

Question. On this site, they have insurance. To be vague is this the same as the cruise company insurance? Better? Worse? Cost comparison? My current TA can’t do this but is nice enough to tell

Me how I can. I’m hoping she can cancel what I have booked so I can snag the same room again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have gotten the worst travel agent of the bunch. I tried to book it online and it wouldn't go through. So, I called in and specified I was booking for the 3 day sale with the bev package and gratuities .... but instead, the ding a ling booked me under the $50 towards a shore excursion promo. Geez. I wasted half my day getting this straightened out and I still don't know if I got the promo .. will find out tomorrow.

I am so frustrated that I will just cancel and find something on Celebrity instead if this booking isn't fixed. What a joke!! I've dealt with every incompetent person that ever worked for a travel agency during this booking. Fingers crossed ... not expecting much! :mad:

Question. On this site, they have insurance. To be vague is this the same as the cruise company insurance? Better? Worse? Cost comparison?

Travel insurance policies vary greatly in cost and coverage.

You will need to answer your own question by learning about the cost and coverage of every policy you are considering.

I must have gotten the worst travel agent of the bunch. I tried to book it online and it wouldn't go through. So, I called in and specified I was booking for the 3 day sale with the bev package and gratuities .... but instead, the ding a ling booked me under the $50 towards a shore excursion promo. Geez. I wasted half my day getting this straightened out and I still don't know if I got the promo .. will find out tomorrow.

I am so frustrated that I will just cancel and find something on Celebrity instead if this booking isn't fixed. What a joke!! I've dealt with every incompetent person that ever worked for a travel agency during this booking. Fingers crossed ... not expecting much! :mad:

I feel for you. I like to book direct but the offers were too good to pass up so I called in, early the first day and got excellent service. It did still take about 4 hours to have everything confirmed. Work it, it is worth it! Good luck!

We just booked our first cruise with Princess during this sale......I thought for us Canadians it was a good deal including beverage pkg and tips..... I will just keep my eye on this sailing for a price drop.....:D we also receive a coupon booklet... can anyone give me an idea what kind of discounts would be in this book.....

We just booked our first cruise with Princess during this sale......I thought for us Canadians it was a good deal including beverage pkg and tips..... I will just keep my eye on this sailing for a price drop.....:D we also receive a coupon booklet... can anyone give me an idea what kind of discounts would be in this book.....

One of the current coupons is 2 for 1 in a specialty dining restaurant. It has to be used on the first night though. In the past, there have been offers for buy a glass of wine in the Princess Theater and get one free. There was one for a free 375 ml bottle of wine at a specialty restaurant. We don't use most of them, but there are usually at least one or two good ones in the booklet. Usually the coupons are good until the end of the year, so if you didn't need the drink ones because of the beverage package, you could use them on another cruise.

Isn’t it the fault of the agency aka the ding a ling that booked you under the incorrect promo and not Princess?!! I totally get being frustrated at the imcomptence but it appears that it’s the agency that has the issues, so why not book with Princess directly? I do realize that the promos won’t be the same but frankly I wouldn’t want my booking held with someone who can’t even get the initial booking process done correctly.

will be interesting to see what Princess does to the prices on 6/26 when 'their' sip n sail promo is launched...

I guess we will know in a couple of days - I wonder if they will stay the same since the 3 day promo seemed to be the same as Princess prices.

Just a SWAG :D

I'm hoping for reduced deposits also...looking at a 15 day Alaska cruisetour and the deposit is $ 1,100 - yikes...we have no FCD's in our pocket, but do those even work on a cruisetour??:(

Deposit of 10% of cruise fare per guest for bookings made under Sip + Sail is refundable.

I'm hoping for reduced deposits also...looking at a 15 day Alaska cruisetour and the deposit is $ 1,100 - yikes...we have no FCD's in our pocket, but do those even work on a cruisetour??:(

I have no idea about whether or not they work for the cruise tour but..........IF you aren't far from Port Everglades, Book a BVE on the Caribbean Princess. You'll get the $39 as credit towards what you book plus the BVE as deposit.

thanks, I guess - question about the TWT on the bus - does it stop often to be able to purchase cold drinks such as water, soda or beer?...found your previous review...

When we took the Tundra Wilderness Tour Princess excursion in 2014, the bus made several stops for rest room breaks. While I never tried to purchase any drinks so I can't say for sure, but a couple of the stops were at larger facilities that may have sold sodas. Part of the tour package includes small box lunches and bottled water on the bus. My advice would be to buy some snacks the day before and take them with you. The box lunch wasn't a lot of food by my standard. You can find plenty of snacks to buy at the Denali Princess lodge or across the highway where there are stores.

thanks, I guess - question about the TWT on the bus - does it stop often to be able to purchase cold drinks such as water, soda or beer?...found your previous review...

We did the tour last month. They provide water on the bus and the stops were restroom, viewing breaks, and one stop had a small bookstore. We had purchased a box lunch for the trip but found the snack box they provided was plenty for us. Here is the link to my photos of the tour from this year, including a picture of the snack box.

I feel for you. I like to book direct but the offers were too good to pass up so I called in, early the first day and got excellent service. It did still take about 4 hours to have everything confirmed. Work it, it is worth it! Good luck!

I hope Cruise Raider got the deal worked. I wonder if those booking direct with Princess are getting as good a deal as offered in the 3 day sale. The free gratuities, small OBC, and reduced refundable dep made us jump on the 3 day sale. Heck, yesterday we emailed the TA and they changed our cabin within the same category for us to one we preferred. Very curious to know what those going direct work out for our future planning. Good luck to all!