"Already Booked" login not working

marne-c

Last night, from one of my netbooks on my home wireless network, I went to Oceania's website, clicked the "Already Booked" tab, and entered my email address and password to log into my upcoming cruise booking.

It spun for quite a while, then failed with the message: Could not load booking.

I thought maybe the problem was bad wireless connection in my house. So this morning I tried again from a computer hardwired into my router. Same story.

Has anybody else seen this????

--Marne

I have a slightly different, but very annoying problem with O's web site. I have been registered with O for some time now and I always check the box ""to remember me", but it never does - I have to sign in "fully" each time.

Before you say - "it's your computer" - I don't have that problem with any of the other few dozen site I sign on to from time to time (they all do "remeber me").

Well, I'm another who has a great deal of difficulty accessing Oceania's website.

Although I do have a booking number, I seem to have to go through the who rigamarole (sp?) every time I visit the site.

I too am glad to know that it's not just me that is having problems accessing my bookings. The past couple of days it has remembered by email and password at the bottom of the page so I can sign in, but I haven't been able to access my bookings. Also, the site is very slow in loading.

I am having the same problem as the OP, I can Log In, but get the message, "Cannot load booking"

In addition, I must always do the full Log In procedure even though I have "checked" the Remember Me box.

Don

Glad to hear everybody is having this same problem. I still do not have a cabin assigned so I was a little concerned to find they now couldn't load my booking. I also have the problem with the remember me check block. Every time I check it, it gives me an error. And the speed of this website is the worst I have ever seen. Sometimes, I type my password and it shows up one character at a time very very slowly. A caveman could have chizeled my password in stone faster than this website. Perhaps they run the website from one of their ships? It seems like the same speed.

I get the same message when I try to review the details of my cruise. Overall I am unimpressed with the Oceania website - clunky, takes ages to load on my PC (IE8) and often crashes or gives '404 page not found' errors. I hope the company's ships work better than the website.

As a current Regent customer looking at Oceana for our next Cruise, I can say with complete confidence that both the Regent and Oceana websites must be run by the same inept and incompetant people. As they are sister companies under Prestige Holdings, am confident that they are run by the same IT Dept. Don't have the same issues described here but, do have very trying issues such as bookings coming and going, inability to book excursions on line, excursion booking day opening up with no excursions available for booking until later in the day and then being frozen out from tours as others got in sooner, excursions available via telephone bookings not being shown on the website after 3 weeks from booking availability date, etc.

It's someting that I have noticed for over a year and a common complaint from many others that has been brought up to the top management including FDR without resolve. Would seem that in these times of high unemployment, competent computer programmers should be available to solve these issues??

I, too, have the "remember me" issue.

In general, I would have to agree that the website overall is not up to the quality of the rest of O's collateral.

Has anyone else noticed the typos?

FWIW, as someone in that industry, the technology that underlies a website that complex is... well... complex. Weekends are a time when the tech department does upgrades and new code roll-outs, so what was probably happening is that the website was being maintained or updated which blocked some functionality. There are times that can't be avoided... although IMO, it's best practices to put something up that warns people. The spinny wheel of doom is NEVER a reassuring thing for a user to see.

~Fianna

I had the same problem with looking in the already booked section just recently

Never had a problem before so they must be playing around

Yes the log in on the new website is the same for me also

The old website worked fine for log in's

Lyn

heard from Oceania Leadership on log-in trouble, pls see below:

"We had a server failure during the build out in our new offices as AT&T was switching over the severs and equuipment

It's all been switched to california so all should be good now."

heard from Oceania Leadership on log-in trouble, pls see below:

"We had a server failure during the build out in our new offices as AT&T was switching over the severs and equuipment

It's all been switched to california so all should be good now."

California comes through again!

<SNIP>

In general, I would have to agree that the website overall is not up to the quality of the rest of O's collateral.

<CHOP>

Yes, I too agree. O's product is great and this new website is poorly designed. I am surprised it has passed their QA.

I rarely visit it anymore, as I cannot do much trip research. I find myself looking elsewhere. O's competition is not just other cruise lines but anything vying for our vacation dollars.

Too slow for pages to load is just one of the problems. My main complaint with their web site is the search for a cruise. I've tried a number of times to look up cruises in response to promotional emails from O. While the link in the email does go to the page as promoted, the results for choosing an offered "other dates" for this cruise on that page is useless. It may take me to a page on a completely different trip. A waste of time.

Bottom line is I rarely now go to O's website to do window-shopping. I very much like O's product and looking forward to our next cruise with them. O's 'better looking than useful' website is a disappointment and is not a reflection of my experience sailing with them. I look forward to the day when they have it fixed. But then it may be awhile after that is done before I see the improvements if my visits are more infrequent.

Yes, I too agree. O's product is great and this new website is poorly designed. I am surprised it has passed their QA.

I rarely visit it anymore, as I cannot do much trip research. I find myself looking elsewhere. O's competition is not just other cruise lines but anything vying for our vacation dollars.

Too slow for pages to load is just one of the problems. My main complaint with their web site is the search for a cruise. I've tried a number of times to look up cruises in response to promotional emails from O. While the link in the email does go to the page as promoted, the results for choosing an offered "other dates" for this cruise on that page is useless. It may take me to a page on a completely different trip. A waste of time.

Bottom line is I rarely now go to O's website to do window-shopping. I very much like O's product and looking forward to our next cruise with them. O's 'better looking than useful' website is a disappointment and is not a reflection of my experience sailing with them. I look forward to the day when they have it fixed. But then it may be awhile after that is done before I see the improvements if my visits are more infrequent.

Yeah, I've noticed that stuff myself. There are a lot of little ways that it could be improved.

I wonder if they did any useability testing before or after the build. It seems like they got sold design (and I will admit that it is pretty) but no one reality-checked the designer or really gave a lot of thought to how the website itself was actually used by people who were using it.

My professional experience is that website design is all to often driven by a graphic designer who has a specific design idea or mission but who has very little idea about how users interact with a site or what types of information they're looking for.

This is an area where electronic collateral really has a lot of catch up to do with hard collateral. People who design brochures have a lot of research and experience knowing how people interact with print. The two-way interaction between a user and a dynamic site is really interesting stuff (it's a big part of what I do for a living, so I'm probably biased there :) )... alas it's not common on big projects yet.

~Fianna

Log-in, Already Booked and Remember me all work for me.

However, it's probably time they remove this from the website:

My Oceania Club Account

As a valued member of the Oceania Club, we ask that you bear with us until all past voyages are entered into the website.

This has been appearing for almost a year now and there are still no past voyages entered as there were in the old website.

The website has always refused to remember me but based on the earlier posts I went and checked today and Voila! I am remembered. Now, if someone would look at the excursion to Brussels from Antwerp. $500pp for a half day coach tour? Really? This MUST be an error.

----------------

Helen

The website has always refused to remember me but based on the earlier posts I went and checked today and Voila! I am remembered. ----------------

Helen

What exactly (specifically) did you do (other than checking the box) to make it remember you? It still does not want to remember me:(

What exactly (specifically) did you do (other than checking the box) to make it remember you? It still does not want to remember me:(

Paul-

Assuming that you've already set up your account (by entering your booking #'s etc), the system is up and running now.

In our case, we just continued to input our email and password until the system started recognizing our computer.

We did notice that accessing the account from multiple computers appeared to confuse the system.

Paul-

Assuming that you've already set up your account (by entering your booking #'s etc), the system is up and running now.

In our case, we just continued to input our email and password until the system started recognizing our computer.

We did notice that accessing the account from multiple computers appeared to confuse the system.

JimandStan,

I am glad it is working for you - no such luck here (as yet) .

Of course, I am signed up already. I will keep trying it until I'll give up and just put it in each time I want to sign in (which is not that often). I am glad CC recognizes me, as I am here a lot more often than I am signed in at O.

JimandStan,

I am glad it is working for you - no such luck here (as yet) .

Of course, I am signed up already. I will keep trying it until I'll give up and just put it in each time I want to sign in (which is not that often). I am glad CC recognizes me, as I am here a lot more often than I am signed in at O.

Do you have cookies enabled for the site :confused:

I have not had a problem only when I clear my cookies then I have to log in to all the sites again

Lyn

Archived