Noro on Riviera again

RJB

sorry to hear that :eek:

Hope they can get it under control fast

I am surprised someone onboard has not posted about it :confused:

As a side note

Something I did not know (probably because I do not eat oysters)

I heard oysters if not properly filtered can have noro :eek:

They say apparently you should not eat them right from the sea

sorry to hear that :eek:

Hope they can get it under control fast

I am surprised someone onboard has not posted about it :confused:

As a side note

Something I did not know (probably because I do not eat oysters)

I heard oysters if not properly filtered can have noro :eek:

They say apparently you should not eat them right from the sea

Do they serve oysters on Riviera? Don't eat them so I do not know.

Don't understand why it is just this ship. Is there something that they can not get to? All the other ships seem to have no problem except Riviera. Where is it going wrong? :confused::confused::confused:

Don't understand why it is just this ship. Is there something that they can not get to? All the other ships seem to have no problem except Riviera. Where is it going wrong? :confused::confused::confused:

Not just this ship. marina had its share of issues last year. Hope it gets taken care of quickly.

Noro on Riviera now !!!! Just heard from Oceania that noro has returned and they will delay boarding tomorrow. Anyone else hear that?

Since the Nov/Dec outbreak on Riviera and another outbreak 2 months later there must be a fundermenal problem on this ship.

Oceania cruises on the last outbreak blamed the passengers for bringing it on board,I feel that they should look to their own systems and food offerings as there must be a link.

One area that needs to be looked at is the reporting of being unwell and the knowledge of going to the medical center is not going to cost an arm and a leg, as a friend of mine that was on Marina last year had a GI issue and did not report it because of the costs.

Since the Nov/Dec outbreak on Riviera and another outbreak 2 months later there must be a fundermenal problem on this ship.

Oceania cruises on the last outbreak blamed the passengers for bringing it on board,I feel that they should look to their own systems and food offerings as there must be a link.

One area that needs to be looked at is the reporting of being unwell and the knowledge of going to the medical center is not going to cost an arm and a leg, as a friend of mine that was on Marina last year had a GI issue and did not report it because of the costs.

It may have little to do with the ship and more to do with a different common denominator like a repetitive embarkation port where the virus is making its way on board. Were the itineraries similar for the two outbreaks?

It may have little to do with the ship and more to do with a different common denominator like a repetitive embarkation port where the virus is making its way on board. Were the itineraries similar for the two outbreaks?

I cannot agree with this statement as the Dec outbreak started in Europe on the Atlantic crossing and has never left the ship.

Well that eliminates that common denominator. So, only about a zillion more possibilities including coincidental bad personal hygiene.

Although this has been discussed before, it seems to me that although passengers do bring the virus onboard, it's the crew that remains onboard and the crew that spreads the virus, and the crew that continues to work or reports back to work while still contagious. There needs to be a stronger policy for staff to cut down on repeated episodes of noro.

I have seen some lines cancel voyagers or delay them to really clean the ship and probably give the crew time to recover. Maybe it's time for that in this case? They are really in a catch 22 around the crew. If they allow many to "call in sick" then the passengers complain about the slowdown in service.

Edited by hypercafe

The crew also rotate out so maybe not the same crew members that were on the ship in Nov

It can be spread in so many ways

If people do not report being ill then extra measures are not put in place

If you get sick at least call the medical centre & tell them you will self quarantine then DO stay in your cabin

Do not wait until you are severely dehydrated to report to the doctor

HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE so if you do become ill you can get your costs refunded

WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN

We just disembarked from the Riveria this morning. Yes, we noticed something going on three or four days ago. I first noticed a lot of cleaning going on at first, then our ice bucket disappeared. Then about two days ago the captain announced their were several passengers were experiencing gastro intestinal issues - see the doctor on board (complementary) if necessary and wash your hands and use the hand sanitizers. At dinner, they served you bread and butter rather than leaving it on the table and salt and pepper shakers had been removed. Then yesterday, in Key West, the captain announced that there were now 2% of passengers and crew affected and the CDC had been informed.

We were fine but then again, we washed our hands regularly and used the hand sanitizer all the time. Both my husband and I noticed several people leaving the washrooms and not washing their hands or using the hand sanitizers.

There is such a thing as a "sick ship."

This has gone on for too long. I think it calls for more drastic measures than a short delay in boarding. It is not good for Oceania's reputation and certainly not good for cruisers who do not get to fully enjoy the cruise they have anticipated. Just my opinion

Not just this ship. marina had its share of issues last year. Hope it gets taken care of quickly.

Please don't mention the Marina, after being on the ill fated Riviera crossing not sure I could stand it on the Marina which we board in 11 days.

NO, the only common denominator is the ship.

I believe the Oysters Rockefellers are available occasionally in the MDR, but don't quote me on that.

We were on the Riveria last May from Quebec to London and the virus was also present. They closed the laundry rooms and tried to get rid of the virus. It impacted our enjoyment of the cruise but we have booked the Riveria again this summer hoping that we don't run into similar problems. We like Oceania cruises very much compared to other cruise lines we have sailed.

Please don't mention the Marina, after being on the ill fated Riviera crossing not sure I could stand it on the Marina which we board in 11 days.

NO, the only common denominator is the ship.

I believe the Oysters Rockefellers are available occasionally in the MDR, but don't quote me on that.

Have a great cruise Norm. No reason to worry, since there is nothing you can do about it. We board the Riviera in 5 weeks.

We were on the Riveria last May from Quebec to London and the virus was also present. They closed the laundry rooms and tried to get rid of the virus. It impacted our enjoyment of the cruise but we have booked the Riveria again this summer hoping that we don't run into similar problems. We like Oceania cruises very much compared to other cruise lines we have sailed.

Marina had it on the May cruise from Montreal to Southampton

The Maasdam came in the day before Marina & the ship was sick some passenger were staying at the same hotel & could have still been contagious so spreading the virus to others ashore

Edited by LHT28