"+ Certain limitations apply"

GeorgesGal

Can anyone let me know what the limitations are on course-by-course in room dining, as well as ordering in from specialty restaurants when booked in PH suites?

Can't find anything on line Any help out there?

Thanks,

Donna

PS: two PH1's just opened up today - 11061 and 63.

Edited by George'sGal
added ps.

As I recall it's definitely a no-no to order from more than one restaurant. Other than that, I can't think of a limitation. When we have ordered from the menu (for any of the restaurants including the MDR), if it's on the menu you can order it.

Mura

The only ones I can think of are the opening and closing dining times.

Not before 6:30pm nor after 9pm or so..

We have gotten -- shrimp cocktails from Polo with lobster fra diavolo from Toscana (it is the same Kitchen)

Edited by PaulMCO

Thanks for your help, Nonequifans, Mura and Paul! I think we can handle both my sister and I ordering from the same restaurant menu should we decide to dine in. I was hoping that wasn't a limit on the number of times we could do it, and am glad that is not the case here!

Now, if I can convince room service to prepare an omelet with crab and brie for breakfast......... heavenly!

Donna

No limit to the times from which you can order "in" if you wish.

What I have heard in the past is that people in aft cabins (OS and on the "O" ships the two aft OC cabins) can order from different restaurants -- they aren't far from them. For Vistas and other suites, it's a distance for the butler to bring the food. It has seemed to me that was the reason for the restriction.

Even so, even on the one occasion when we were in an aft OC on Marina, we didn't try ordering from more than one restaurant. There were plenty of choices at the one restaurant we decided upon!

Mura

Depends on how accommodating your butler is. There are no rules. On our last cruise our amazing butler had no problem get us a combination of dishes from the two specialties

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That has always been our experience as well, although I must admit that when ordering to the Room we will usually go for a cold appetizer such as a chilled appetizer such as the Duck & Watermelon Salad or the Shrimp Cocktail from Polo, which might make the logistics easier on the Butler. The entrée needs to be served hot, but we enjoy a leisurely cocktail hour, so we sometimes have that served half an hour later.

New were as far fir ward as you can get on deck 11, next to the bridge,so that could have been the reason we had to stick to one menu.I do remember now that the butler muttered something about the kitchens wanting to get the order for each course ready to be delivered hot,so choosing from one kitchen made that easier...

On Riviera in a PH suite we only asked our butler once for a 3 course dinner. I remember we ordered from Polo grill and Toscana (indeed, same kitchen). Food was not hot enough, so it was a one time experience.

There are always some 'A taste from Jacques' dishes on the menu. I suppose you can order these. Just look at the menu outside the GDR on the day you want to order in. The GDR menu is also included on a seperate paper inside the daily currents. Trust me, there are too many choices!

Actually unless u have an exceptional butler probably not. Ur officially limited to the room service or the specialty restaurant menus for in suite dining. We have had butlers who don't follow the rules and they are the best

When we have been in a VS or OC on Marina, we have been provided with all the menus, including the one for the GDR, for in-suite dining. And we've ordered from it. (I think the same was true for our last Marina cruise which was in a PH.)

Regarding the Jacques choices on the "R" ships that show up on the GDR menu, on our Nautica cruise this summer those choices were very limited -- on occasion it was the same choice two days in a row, at other times they alternated every two or three days, but with only those few choices. The peppercorn steak WAS one of those, and I loved it. I think there was also a prawns dish ... probably a third which I am failing to remember.

I'm not complaining -- just commenting. I had thought that the menu might have one different entree per day until the menus started repeating, but on our cruise that was not the case. I can see why it could be difficult for the kitchen to provide a dozen or so main courses from Jacques rather than two or three.

Mura

In the larger Suites, there is typically a Menu Portfolio in the living room desk (in the credenza on the R ships) which the Butler updates daily.

The Wine List for the GDR is usually there too, under separate cover.

Edited by JimandStan
capitalization correction

And we had them on Nautica in June/July. I think Lyn is right that it's only the "R" ships since I don't recall having the menus in Currents when we were last on Marina -- although that was more than a year ago which could also be a factor.

I think it's too much paper for the larger ships. We like having them delivered. Helps us decide where we will eat the next day

Even better would be having them available on interactive TVs (together with much other info like account statements, etc) - now THAT would save a lot of paper and be really "cool" and up-to-date technology.

Here is hoping :)

We did not have any menus in our daily currents.We checked out the menus in the executive lounge daily( if someone hadn't taken them!).

Together with the copies of some of the daily papers that are supposed to stay in the lounge - some entitled people feel rules are only for others but not for them :(

Edited by Paulchili

Even better would be having them available on interactive TVs (together with much other info like account statements, etc) - now THAT would save a lot of paper and be really "cool" and up-to-date technology.

Here is hoping :)

We always complain about the tv offerings. The whole system is so antiquated. It should certainly be interactive and also have better and more diverse offerings. I think there are six channels touting Oceania. They are preaching to the choir