All Time, All Line, Cruise Director's Hall of Fame

What I am asking for here are nominations for any cruise director, on any line, past or present, that you deem worthy of being mentioned for such an honor, if it existed....:)

I'll start with:

Gordon Whatley Royal Caribbean

Ken Rush Royal Caribbean

Matt Baker Norwegian

John Heald Carnival

Matt Mitcham Carnival

I'd like to hear about other's....

My nomination for such an honor as being in the Cruise Director Hall of Fame must be Mr. Gary Walker. Cruise Director during the 2002 Asia Pacific Cruise of the Volendam, her Maiden cruise in this area. Our Master was Johnathan Peter Harris.

Mr. Walker was very visible around the ship; the daily schedule that he designed was well suited for our cruise; when "blips" took place, his staff and he managed them professionally.

The major reason for my recommendation of Mr. Walker for this honor was due to the "Voice from the Bridge" announcements around Noon on sea days. Captain Harris and Mr. Walker were always a part of this. And, they were a comedy team that far exceeded the humor of any "professional" comics that had been employed by HAL during our cruise.

Captain Harris and CD Walker helped to make this cruise my most favorite!

May I offer a runner-up award for this nomination?

2016, Voyage of the Vikings aboard Rotterdam VI, Rotterdam to Boston when both Captain Hans Mateboer joined the ship in Rotterdam and Cruise Director Michael Langley (who was our CD the entire voyage--Boston to Boston).

Mr. Langley and Captain Mateboer were surely "in synch" with each other. From the "Voice from the Bridge" announcements to the final Mariner's Society Reception. Captain Mateboer presented Mr. Langley with a "special Medallion" made of a large, round piece of wood with the HAL log embossed upon it, attached with a long piece of rope. Mr. Langley, I understand, was heading to an administrative post in Seattle after our cruise and this was the Captain's "good-bye" recognition for him. It was hilarious when he presented the "award".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Colin Kerr - NCL

The most AMAZING cruise director (and now one of my very best friends)!!! I first met him on my very first cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in 2005. Last week I was at my doctor's office getting a seasick patch prescription and the nurse asked me what cruise line I was taking. When I told him NCL he remarked that he remembered Colin and loved him too!!! Small world. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Janet Edwards, 1989 - Fairwind (Sitmar) renamed the Fair Princess. 10 day Mexican Riviera LA/Acapulco/LA. Janet was the first female CD on a major cruise line.

Found a You Tube of her made in 2002.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My vote goes to the Great Billy Hygate of Princess Cruises!

BTW, to the person who mentioned Janet Edwards. She used to work with her hubby Mark Edwards aboard Sitmar vessels. Regrettably, I heard divorce spit them up.

• 1 month later...