Veranda Plus introduction

travelberlin

Disapointed to read that a new veranda category at higher prices is definitely being introduced on Azamara ships. The included benefits for those cabins are not atractive for loyal members, since almost all of them are anyhow part of the current member benefits.

Ivi

VERANDA PLUS GUESTS RECEIVE INCLUSIVE AMENITIES PLUS:

120 complimentary Internet minutes per guest • One free bag of laundry service per stateroom, each seven days • One night of complimentary specialty dining for two, each seven days • Priority embarkation and debarkation • Complimentary in-room spirits

Was there not a survey about this? I thought the view of the idea was negative but maybe my memory is playing me up

Yes there was a survey on this and I have also got the impression that the idea was not well received by Cruise Critic posters on the Azamara forum.

Ivi

It seems that Azamara didn't really care about the survey results. They were intent on creating the new Veranda Plus category to create more income.

At least from all of the comments I read here on Cruise Critic, the response was overwhelmingly negative to creating the new category.

I know I voiced my opinion that we would not consider booking Veranda Plus, and that we were against the idea.

Yes the survey response was overwhelmingly negative here but they went ahead and did it anyway! ☹️

I will never book an enhanced veranda cabin but what worries me is that they might consider removing the LCV loyalty perks like free bag of laundry, Internet minutes etc that we already get now. Also of course, there will be less ordinary veranda cabins available for us to book.

I haven't had time to read the new itineraries yet....wonder what the prices will be like? 😄

120 complimentary Internet minutes per guest • One free bag of laundry service per stateroom, each seven days • One night of complimentary specialty dining for two, each seven days • Priority embarkation and debarkation • Complimentary in-room spirits

This is more or less what a CC cabin gets. I get 235 minutes in my CC or spa suite. One bag of laundry if under 10 days-over 10 two bags. I get booze. I get all the dinners I want. i arrive later in the day so the embarkation means nothing.

So these guests are paying for a smaller cabin with perks i had for years. That most of us had for year. so what deck small cabins are they using? Ann and Lottie are right we would never pay for them.. Maybe a newbie who does not read CC.

Thanks for posting. The price difference between V and V+ will be interesting to see, but if, as I read, the Veranda Plus will be on Deck 8, that’s already a non-starter for me if I’m booking a Veranda.

Just priced out 2 Journey cruises that are of interest ( LA to Papeete and Papeete to Auckland ). A P1 is $ 367 per night per person on the first cruise and $339 for a V1. The second cruise prices out to be $ 375 for a P1 and $ 344 for a V1.

Will be interested to see the additional cost they are charging for a Veranda Plus cabin compared with a regular Veranda.

But can't think of a reason why I would pay even more for the benefits outlined. After all one would still be using that postage stamp sized bathroom.

Don't think this is going to be a popular move with their diminishing band of loyalists

Yes the survey response was overwhelmingly negative here but they went ahead and did it anyway! ☹️

I will never book an enhanced veranda cabin but what worries me is that they might consider removing the LCV loyalty perks like free bag of laundry, Internet minutes etc that we already get now. Also of course, there will be less ordinary veranda cabins available for us to book.

I haven't had time to read the new itineraries yet....wonder what the prices will be like? 😄

I agree. I am worried that LCV loyalty perks will be diminished to encourage booking Veranda Plus category.

So these guests are paying for a smaller cabin with perks i had for years. That most of us had for year. so what deck small cabins are they using? Ann and Lottie are right we would never pay for them.. Maybe a newbie who does not read CC.

Newbie or not, I would not criticize anyone who made the decision to reserve a Veranda Plus. Based upon their priorities, when people cruise they make all sorts of decisions that I wouldn't, but if they are happy....

If these staterooms do indeed prove unpopular I am certain we will see a readjustment in price or perks..

A very strange decision, but a very easy one for me to make to avoid Plus. As cpgrneyes said above, the V1s I generally avoid, I get most of the benefits already as part of the LCV program and having had the bar set up before in a suite it’s difficult to make use of it with the included drinks unless you have a party in your cabin and 170 sq ft or so isn’t exactly conducive to that.

It will be interesting to see how the sale of those deck 8 balconies goes in the future.

Phil

I think we can say goodbye to our LCV benefits of free bag of laundry and internet minutes given what they quote in the email I received today.

INCLUSIVE AMENITIES FOR ALL GUESTS:Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings® event (on most voyages) • Select standard spirits, international beers and wines • Gratuities • Bottled water,soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas • Self-service laundry • Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available • Concierge services forpersonal guidance and reservationsVERANDA PLUS GUESTS RECEIVE INCLUSIVE AMENITIES PLUS:120 complimentary Internet minutes per guest • One free bag of laundry service per stateroom, each seven days • One night of complimentary specialtydining for two, each seven days • Priority embarkation and debarkation • Complimentary in-room spiritsSUITE GUESTS RECEIVE INCLUSIVE AMENITIES PLUS:English butler service • 240 complimentary Internet minutes per guest • One free bag of laundry service per suite, each seven daysComplimentary seating in the specialty restaurants • Priority embarkation and debarkation • Complimentary in-room spirits • In-suite afternoon tea service

It's all about increasing revenue and no longer about loyalty. :(

Liz

I think we can say goodbye to our LCV benefits of free bag of laundry and internet minutes given what they quote in the email I received today.

I think it’s premature for any of us to assume AZ will make major alterations to LCV. Those of us who receive many of the new “perks” on the Plus cabins likely wouldn’t find much value in paying more for what we already get, but a first time cruiser might want a few more bells and whistles, similar to Concierge on Celebrity.

That said, the new cabin category certainly won’t find a buyer in me!

Newbie or not, I would not criticize anyone who made the decision to reserve a Veranda Plus. Based upon their priorities, when people cruise they make all sorts of decisions that I wouldn't, but if they are happy....

If these staterooms do indeed prove unpopular I am certain we will see a readjustment in price or perks..

I did not critcize anything .i said anyone who is loyal would not pay for what they already get. Plus in a PH we get all that and more space and a bigger bathroom. Plus a butler. not one person posting today said they pay for it. So i believe a newbie. also the price difference is not that much from a PH

Did Azamara hire Jeff Smiesek? I know he is looking for work every since he got fired at United for bribing NY/NJ Port Authority officials......

We are new to Azamara but Elite on Celebrity and the veranda Plus deal sounds stinky to me.

Love the Jeff Smiesek comparison. I am holding out hope that we don’t lose more benefits as we did when they revamped Le Club Voyage the last time....or the time before. This could be something very similar to what the airlines have been doing for years. They reward loyalty but they also let customers without loyalty purchase what loyalty members get for free or at reduced prices. For example, customers in a higher tier get more legroom / economy plus for no additional charge and depending on your level, it can be at the time of booking. For non loyalists, you have the opportunity to pay for more legroom. So....maybe this new scheme is an opportunity to create new loyalists without reducing current loyalty benefits. I am trying to think positive......but I am also hoping it does not work. Azamara’s ships are too small to create a new segment. And yes, I filled out the survey and said “Don’t do it”!!!

I did not critcize anything .i said anyone who is loyal would not pay for what they already get. Plus in a PH we get all that and more space and a bigger bathroom. Plus a butler. not one person posting today said they pay for it. So i believe a newbie. also the price difference is not that much from a PH

I should not have quoted you, since I was making a more generic point that most likely someone will find value in the Veranda Plus category. If that number is small then adjustments will be made or the concept discarded.

I am also empathetic to those who make these odd decisions since I am often one of them, I just realized today that I overpaid for a museum pass. I am humbled again :).

We agree it’s not a good deal (if LCV benefits remain the same).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should not have quoted you, since I was making a more generic point that most likely someone will find value in the Veranda Plus category. If that number is small then adjustments will be made or the concept discarded.

I am also empathetic to those who make these odd decisions since I am often one of them, I just realized today that I overpaid for a museum pass. I am humbled again :).

We agree it’s not a good deal (if LCV benefits remain the same).

You are long forgiven. Sorry about the Museum Pass. that sucks.

I learned today i need a Yellow fever shot for next winter. months away but i live 2 hours from a place that gives them. meanwhile i was in DC and Mia this year and it would of been easy to plan for it. so I was not happy at the time. nor still.

But i do believe not a good deal