Freestyle Coke Machines - Are they kept stocked?

So these wonderful machines give dozens of options to suit pretty much everyone. From soft drinks, to sports drinks, to flavored water. Caffeine, caffeine free, sugar, to sugar free.

But how well are they kept stocked of all those options? I've gone three months now of kicking caffeine, but I still enjoy the flavor of soft drinks. I'd be interested in the soft drink package, but very disappointed if the less popular caffeine free flavors were 'empty'.

I'll be on Adventure in two weeks, which I understand has four of these machines.

I also understand that the machines have a 15-minute "time out" to prevent sharing. However on port days I'd likely want to get some power-aid or flavored water and transfer it to an insulated bottle. Instead of standing around waiting for 15 minutes for the chip in the cup to reset, could I just use another machine to get enough?

... I also understand that the machines have a 15-minute "time out" to prevent sharing. However on port days I'd likely want to get some power-aid or flavored water and transfer it to an insulated bottle. Instead of standing around waiting for 15 minutes for the chip in the cup to reset, could I just use another machine to get enough?

No, the machines are linked and share info.

I'm not sure about the 15 minute timer either. My wife has gotten a drink, not liked it, poured it out and got another in a short time. I have gotten a drink and minutes later topped it off to go on my way. I'm not sure there is a timer.

Well, that's mixed news.

Humm.

Well, I guess since the "Soda Package" never goes on sale in the Cruise Planner I can just wait until I'm on the ship and can scope it out on if things are available or not.

Well, that's mixed news.

Humm.

Well, I guess since the "Soda Package" never goes on sale in the Cruise Planner I can just wait until I'm on the ship and can scope it out on if things are available or not.

They were out of stock consistently on Oasis a few weeks ago and one of them in the promenade did not work the entire cruise.

Well, that's mixed news.

Humm.

Not only do they not go on sale, prices seem to be increasing next year. We are showing $9.99/day on Navigator for April 2019.

Well, that's mixed news.

Humm.

I have seen the soda package on sale for a higher price on the ship than what they charge precruise.

I was drinking almost exclusively caffeine free Diet Coke on Oasis last summer and it was never out of stock. So long as you have more than one drink you can get, I don’t think it’s an issue.

On Freedom last December the ones in the arcade were never restocked. Others seemed to always have what we wanted. It was like on of the previous posters- we could wait just a minute or two to refill rather than fifteen when we were filling our large cups to take off ship.

Can you use a regular glass of ice in the machines? The idea of using a reusable sport container that hasn't been washed in hot soapy water at least once a day grosses me out.

No, you must use the special cup in the machines. They have an RFID chip in the bottom to enable the machines.

Can you use a regular glass of ice in the machines? The idea of using a reusable sport container that hasn't been washed in hot soapy water at least once a day grosses me out.

I know Bob answered. We take a bottle brush and a small bottle of dish soap to wash ours in the room.

Bring something to wash it out with, we bring paper towels that I have squeezed a little bit of Dawn dish soap onto. Single use and then into the trash.

Thank you all for the information. My problem isn't with my cup (because I know I'd clean it) but with the many others who never clean theirs. It just seems really unsanitary. Thanks for the information though!
Unless you plan to drink from their cup, it shouldn't really be an issue...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Bring something to wash it out with, we bring paper towels that I have squeezed a little bit of Dawn dish soap onto. Single use and then into the trash.

I like it, and i'll use this idea .... question, you stack all 7 in one zip bag

Or one dawn paper towel per zip bag,

just curious.

I like it, and i'll use this idea .... question, you stack all 7 in one zip bag

Or one dawn paper towel per zip bag,

just curious.

I put them in one bag, just a little squirt on one sheet of select a size Bounce. I use one sheet on two cups or rip a sheet in half for one cup.

Have read some use the mystery goo in the shower to wash the cups, but that has conditioner in it, supposedly, so not sure how well that would rinse off the cup.

At one point, you could buy Bounce with Dawn in them, but they were expensive, so that is why I made my own instead.

I'm not sure about the 15 minute timer either. My wife has gotten a drink, not liked it, poured it out and got another in a short time. I have gotten a drink and minutes later topped it off to go on my way. I'm not sure there is a timer.

There is most definitely a timer on the freestyle machines. If you pull that cup out for more than a few seconds, you have to wait 15 minutes.

Last time we were on the Freedom the machines ran out of most options and only seemed to restock a few choices once. After the first day the one in the arcade wasn't working. By the last few days of the cruise only the one in the Windjammer had anything to choose from.

Ooh, that is definitely my favorite tip for the month! Thanks for sharing it!

Interesting that you mention that. On a similar note the ships make such a point of asking people not to refill their water bottles at the ice water stations but they have no problem with people refilling their soda cups at the machines.:confused:

Not OP but have a question as we'll have soda package on Symphony with our Boardwalk balcony. I'm not a pop drinker (fizz upsets my stomach). From OPs post, the machines contain other non-soda options such as flavored water?