Shore Excursions

Kizzahughes

Can anyone recommend a good Shore Excursions company for Europe

There aren't too many tour companies with offices all over Europe. Ideally you want operator owned local companies in each port.

Our port research usually goes something like this:

- check out the Ports of Call forum for each port

- read a few trip reports of sailings on the same ship and itinerary on your cruise line board here on CC

- join my Roll Call and participate in tour discussions

- look at TripAdvisor for tours and reviews in their "Things to do" section for each port

- some ports don't even require a tour, and can easily be done DIY. But this can require a bit more research on your part.

While some tour companies do offer excursions in more than one port, most of the ports you will visit on whichever European cruise you are taking will have multiple options. A company like Viator is not a tour company perse but simple a broker. You will do best looking port by port, here, on your roll call and on sites like TA.

As stated above research, research, research. If the ship is only in port for a short time, or if there are a few other ships in port, or if the port is a long way from anywhere, I do a ship excursion. I have never found these to be overly expensive when you look at what you get.

Some ports I am happy to do my own thing. Look at how far the port is from what you want to see, is there a shuttle service offered, is there anHOHO bus or similar. Make a list of what you want to see and then hit google for tour companies and check reviews. It takes a bit of work, but us worth it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums